Sr. Engineer, Instrument Process and Development
2441 S. 3850 W.
West Valley City, UT 84120
Health, Dental, Vision
401(k) with Company match
Paid holidays and PTO
Great Basin Scientific/Vela Operations US is seeking a Senior Engineer, Instrument Process and development to be responsible for initial manufacturing and repair, and improvement of process and design for the Vela Operations US diagnostic instrument. In addition, this position will be critical in the development of our next generation instrument.
- Writes specifications, WIDs, design documentation, test cases, validation documentation, engineering investigation reports, and other documents associated with the process development to solve a variety of complex engineering problems across functional groups and disciplines.
- Interfaces with other Vela Operations/Great Basin engineers, manufacturing, personnel, quality assurance, and others in the development of manufacturing processes. Assists in departmental management and leadership. Works and communicates well with other team members and leadership to which he/she is assigned as well as company management in order to meet company goals. Reports Vela Operations US management on all tasks and timelines.
- Provides support with customer issues as necessary via remote login connections to the instrument and direct customer contacts, as necessary.
- Follows company policy, SOPs, WIDs, cGMP, ISO 13485, and FDA guidelines and requirements. Helps implement improvements to safety and manufacturing cost reductions
- Works to resolve/prevent instrument performance or manufacturing problems of significant scope and complexity.
- Primary in development of next generation instrument for Vela/Great Basin.
- Mentors other team members
Training and Education
B.S. in Mechanical, Electrical or Engineering Physic Engineering or Equivalent combination of education and experience. M.S. preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in related field
- Strong analytical skills
- Process design input and development
- Process validation testing
- Participate in deriving and managing product test requirements
- Participate in and conduct engineering product design reviews
- Perform root cause analysis on failures observed during testing
- Excellent testing and "hands on" development aptitude
- Experience with Risk Analysis and FMEA’s
- Statistics: Knowledge and practical application of 2 sample t-test, anova analysis, proportion test, hypothesis testing, Designing, running, and analyzing full and fractional factorial DOE’s, knowledge of Reliability demonstration test plans, creation of and analyzing Gage R and R’s, and determining appropriate sample sizes
- Development in an FDA Regulated industry
- Process Validation
- Electrical Schematics
Preferred additional skills
- Materials (e.g. plastics, aluminum, copper, steel, etc.)
- Heat Transfer
- Machining (esp. CNC)
- Molding Processes
How to Apply
If you are interested, please send your resume to [email protected] and include “Senior Engineer” in the subject line.
About Our Organization
Great Basin, a subsidiary of Vela Diagnostics, is a molecular diagnostics company that is dedicated to the development of simple, yet powerful, sample-to-result technology and products that provide fast, multiple-pathogen diagnoses of infectious diseases. Our vision is to make molecular diagnostic testing so simple and cost-effective that every patient will be tested for every serious infection, reducing misdiagnoses and significantly limiting the spread of infectious disease.