Learning & Development Director
10770 Wateridge Circle, Ste 200
San Diego, CA 92121
Maravai LifeSciences is actively responding to the COVID-19 pandemic through vaccine and diagnostic programs.
Maravai LifeSciences is seeking a Learning & Development Director to join our growing team. This role will be responsible for learning, and Development Director has a strategic role and focuses on analyzing organizational needs for development, aligning L&D activities with organizational strategy, drafting the L&D strategy, and ensuring budget to execute this strategy.
- Develops and delivers a variety of development interventions and organization change strategies utilizing performance consulting skills in support of the strategic plan and key initiatives
- Delivers leadership training within the organization
- Classroom training provides train-the-trainer coaching to improve all training delivery
- Creates and implements a learning and development strategy to align with cultural initiatives
- Be a resource to HR Business Partners to embed development competence across the organization
- Responsible for creating a Learning/Development framework that addresses the company's training/development needs
- Delivers high impact solutions through the use of techniques that maximize learner participation, comprehension, and application of the material Identifies development opportunities and coaches company leaders in order to increase their managerial and leadership effectiveness
- Continually builds bench strength of leadership talent at all levels by determining needs through bench-strength assessment and participating in succession planning
- Partners with senior leaders and HR Business Partners to design and implement leadership and hi-potential development strategies
- Leads the recommendation of vendor services, products, and training materials
- Seeks out opportunities to contribute to the business success through proactive involvement in team initiatives
- Masters or bachelor's degree in one or more of the following: Education/Professional Education and Training; HR/Human Resource Development; Organizational Development
- 8-10 years of professional expertise backed up substantial experience in L&D (Training & Development), ideally in a region
- Deep understanding of L&D and capacity building practices, challenges, trends, and better practices within the Life Sciences industry and the wider L&D industry
- Strong instructional design, coaching, facilitation, and training skills with evidence of effective application across international contexts and culture
- Expertise in specific areas of Learning & Development practice, in particular utilizing a competency-based approach to staff skill-building. (e.g., must demonstrate personal expertise in several of the following: learning strategy, needs analysis, program design, curriculum design, instructional design, learning evaluation, e-learning, facilitation, competency design, competency assessment)
- The position may require the ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 25% of the time
Maravai LifeSciences is a rapidly growing biotech firm in San Diego, CA that offers competitive wages and a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, and a retirement plan.
Maravai LifeSciences is an EEO employer.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
Maravai LifeSciences is committed to catalyzing the growth of successful, entrepreneurial life science companies by providing expertise, capital, processes and systems. Maravai LifeSciences portfolio companies provide enabling tools and services in the life sciences research and bioproduction industries that accelerate breakthrough discoveries in areas such as genomics, proteomics, and biotherapeutic development.