Logistics Manager - Inventory Control
5050 East Holmes Road
Memphis, TN 38118
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
From ensuring food is free from contaminants, to quickly and accurately diagnosing cancer and other diseases, laboratories worldwide rely on solutions from Agilent Technologies to gain the insights they seek. Agilent is investing in an industry-leading distribution hub in Memphis, Tennessee. Join our team of global logistics professionals adding value to customer partnerships with Agilent.
You have established your people and resource management ability. Here is where you take it further.
Bring your logistics and warehousing expertise to a growing team where you will have the opportunity to develop systems and processes to support our Global Life Sciences instruments and consumables business. Managing supervisors, employees, and resources, you'll direct the implementation of tactical business plans, programs and projects, while also delivering solutions that drive continuous process improvement all to ensure delivery of the right product to the right place at the right price.
The Logistics Manager - Distribution provides service for our customers by managing receiving, warehousing, fulfillment, services, new technology and supervising staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs all activities of the outbound logistics and distribution function to enable a world class regional logistics center.
- Implements and administers all systems and processes for maintaining control of 1) inventory and transaction accuracy, 2) storage methods and facilities, and 3) performance management of employees, housekeeping and FDA and ISO 13485 compliance.
- Must have a working knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements (FDA, FAA, IATA, DOT, Customs and OSHA).
- Leads by example Agilent culture and values.
- Provide development for employees in the form of training, further learning and coaching.
- Strong working knowledge of QMS with FDA and ISO foundations and activity
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the companies Quality policy, Quality System & the appropriate regulations for the area.
- Develops and implements programs to ensure efficient and cost-effective operation and utilization of the facility.
- Meets operating plans and budgets as established yearly and assists in creation of 3-year plans.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Develops and implements plans for facility automation and expansion, such as equipment purchases or changes in space allocation and warehouse design.
- Develops and leads technology and digital initiatives for continuous improvements and next generation operations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups to meet business objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required.
- All other duties as assigned.
Generally, works in a warehouse and office setting under desirable conditions with few or no disagreeable features; however, as required may be required to perform duties in the warehouse which require the ability to lift to 50 lbs. occasionally. In these scenarios, may be required to, push, and pull up to 125 lbs. frequently. Will have extended hours sitting and or walking. May require occasional standing, climbing stairs or ladders. Some domestic and international travel required.
Relocation assistance may provided.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, in Engineering, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or closely related discipline or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- MBA preferred.
- 10+ years' experience that includes an in-depth understanding of logistics, distribution, warehousing operations, purchasing, inventory management, process engineering.
- Experience managing critical projects required.
- Advanced knowledge and application using SAP or other ERP system in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Must possess excellent attention to detail and analytical thinking, with a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Should have excellent technical writing ability, and oral and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of software packages and technologies used in a typical logistics operation, specifically WMS, Microsoft Office, automation, robotics.
- Ability to work in a team environment (as well as independently).
- Must have ability to manage, lead and motivate others.
- Can organize and supervise a diverse, cross-functional group with constantly changing demands.
- Strong goal setting, team leadership, coaching and development skills required.
- Ability to develop business relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple assignments at the same time and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to proactively identify problems before issues occur and take correct course of action.
- Ability to provide creative solutions to business problems. Apply critical thinking skills to analyze and resolve complex problems.
- Detailed oriented, self-starter.
- Lean six sigma application and experience preferred.