Logistics Supervisor, Receiving (1st shift)
5050 East Holmes Road
Memphis, TN 38118
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
From ensuring food is free from contaminants, to quickly and accurately diagnosing cancer and other diseases, laboratories worldwide rely on solutions from Agilent Technologies to gain the insights they seek. Agilent is investing in an industry-leading distribution hub in Memphis, Tennessee. Join our team of global logistics professionals adding value to customer partnerships with Agilent.
Bring your logistics and warehousing expertise to a growing team where we develop systems and processes to support our Global Life Sciences instruments and consumables business. The Logistics Warehouse Supervisor provides materials, equipment, and supplies by managing receiving, warehousing, and distribution services and supervising staff.
- Supervises individual contributors responsible for routine tasks in a distribution and logistics environment.
- Assigns and directs implementation of tasks and processes in a department or work group.
- Establishes, maintains business controls and processes.
- Maintains a productive team through training and development.
- Plans short term labor and capacity with input from management.
- Develops and implements programs to ensure efficient cost-effective operation and utilization of a department's resources.
- Supports Best Place to Work (BPTW) initiatives and develop program.
- Reduces operations exceptions through disciplined approach or root cause and corrective action.
- Maintains and develops operational training programs and supplemental programs for employee on-boarding and development.
- Maintains operational SOPs and revision needs.
- Monitors individual and departmental performance.
- Provides objective performance feedback to employees for recognition, to assess training and identify any performance improvement needs.
- The supervisor will participate in regulatory and internal quality inspections and is responsible for all issues related to warehouse operations.
- Supports and maintains QMS.
- Partially, works in an office setting under desirable conditions with few or no disagreeable features; May be required to perform duties in the warehouse which may require the ability to lift to 50 lbs. May be required to push or pull up to 125 lbs. frequently. May have extended hours sitting and or walking. May require occasional standing, climbing stairs or ladders.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required.
- Associate Degree or equivalent education and experience. Bachelors preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a warehouse logistics operation.
- Basic supervisory skills and the ability to design and execute processes.
- Demonstrated competency with SAP.
- Demonstrated knowledge of warehouse operations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with various levels of management in a professional manner.
- Ability to use a forklift and related warehouse equipment.