Product Support Scientist – Genomics Systems
11011 North Torrey Pines Road
La Jolla,, CA 92037-1007
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Agilent’s Biomolecular Analysis Division is searching for a qualified Product Support Scientist to join the exciting Genomics Systems marketing and support team. We define, develop, market, and support groundbreaking instrumentation for genomics analysis, such as automated electrophoresis, QPCR, microarray scanner and NGS sample prep systems.
We service a worldwide customer base around the globe in various Life Science markets. The Agilent site in La Jolla, CA, is seeking a Product Support & Applications Scientist with Genomics or similar background, with in-depth experience in developing, troubleshooting and/or repairing qPCR instrumentation in clinical environments. In this dynamic position, you will primarily focus on developing and executing support and service strategies and providing post-sales support for the AriaMx and AriaDx qPCR systems.
- Ensures support strategy, repair levels, and product support plans are developed and implemented and compliant with medical device regulations
- Uses in-depth technical or scientific knowledge and product expertise to resolve product support escalations. May interact directly with customers or provide deep support internally to Field Service Engineers, Remote Engineers, or customer call center personnel
- Writes and updates product user documentation
- Develops and delivers technical training to the Agilent technical support teams, such as field service and remote service engineers
- Provides technical product consulting on pre-sales opportunities
- Interacts with marketing, R&D, sales, technical support, QA, manufacturing, service, etc. as well as external customers during new development projects to ensure that products meet necessary features, cost parameters, supportability goals, reliability targets and release schedules
- Solves problems of limited scope and complexity
- Bachelors with Masters or higher degree in genomics, biotechnology or a related field
- 4+ years of relevant experience with hands-on familiarity of genomics techniques and qPCR workflows
- Experience supporting medical devices in a clinical environment is helpful
- Great teammate in a diverse scientific/engineering/business environment
- Works well in a culturally diverse environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation interpersonal skills
- Flexibility in working hours (work globally)
- Willingness to travel (25%)