Senior Sourcing Manager, Pharmaceutical
5555 Airport Boulevard
Lake Center Business ParkSuite 100
Boulder, CO 80301
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
What's it like to work at Agilent in Manufacturing? Watch the video"
The Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager will lead the Biologics, Chemicals, and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) raw material direct category of spend. This individual should have extensive Chemical, Biologics, and API raw material category experience.
The role focuses on the development of the category strategies that define how sourcing will be done for the development, clinical, and manufacturing organizations for raw materials. The role will maintain and support the implementation of 2-3 year category strategic plans and ensure projects deliver on risk, quality, regulatory, cost, and other value drivers working with cross-functions teams. The role will develop sourcing strategies and execution and supplier relationship management. In addition, he/she will be a key part in the maturation of sourcing strategies and execution, and supplier management at Kite which includes developing/improving and implementing processes and plans.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Responsible for development and execution of multi-year category strategies
- Responsible for assessing risk of suppliers and materials and recommending risk mitigation plan
- Identify, build, and maintain mutually beneficial relationships, partnerships, and alliances with select suppliers through Supplier Relationship Development programs
- Develop a list of preferred suppliers within a category of spend and manage compliance
- Recommend or implement changes to the organization's purchasing, supply management and material usage policies as needed
- Responsible for developing and executing Sourcing Strategies, leading Sourcing Events --e.g. RFX and the negotiation and contracting.
- Strategic Sourcing Experience with the various sourcing tools and analytical methods commonly practiced and used within a world-class Global Procurement organization.
- Lead engagement with business partners to influence business strategy leveraging supply market insights and align sourcing strategies
- Be a sourcing expert with strong financial acumen
- Strong coach and talent manager and help develop direct reports using managerial courage to provide performance feedback
- Develop a 3-5 year strategic plan to realize category strategy targets
- Bring Industry/business function-specific knowledge and experience
- Customize sourcing strategy to drive value in a specific functional environment, including legal & regulatory context
- Knowledge of API, Biologic, and Chemical raw material categories
- Knowledge of sourcing, contract negotiations, and supplier management
Flexible work from home options available.
The salary range for this position in Boulder, CO is currently $104,800 - $163,750.
- 5+ years of directly related experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Biology, Chemistry, or other Sciences or other Bachelor's degree and equivalent experience.
- Exceptional understanding and application of Procurement principles, concepts, practices, and standards (i.e. effective negotiation, supplier relationship management, business partnering, supplier diversity etc.) along with an in-depth knowledge of industry practices.
- Diverse Global Sourcing/Procurement experience within in Pharma industry
- Broad knowledge of the market forces shaping a customer's business context (e.g. supplier base, legal and regulatory environment, sources of competitive advantage)
- Internal stakeholder management, data/information management, category management, process redesign and continuous improvement expertise, project management and performance measurement skills
- Procurement process knowledge, contract management, financial analysis, market analysis, supplier analysis, supplier diversity, supplier management, technology utilization, strategic planning and integrated supply chain experience
- Master's degree in Biology, Chemistry or other Sciences
- 3+ years Pharmaceutical Procurement experience
- Professional certifications (e.g. CPM, CPIM); Membership in Professional Associations, e.g. ISM
- Experience with Oligonucleotides.