R&D Hardware Engineer
121 Hartwell Ave
Lexington, MA 02421
"What's it like to work at Agilent in R&D? Watch the video"
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
As an R&D Hardware Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Design Agilent products and specifies the components that make up the products.
- Design and develop products, components, processes, and systems using broad engineering concepts and research techniques.
- Document research and design specifications.
- Solves complex and high impact design and development problems including customer application issues of varying scope and complexity.
- Use product and customer applications knowledge to determine, define, develop and validate design concepts and methods
- May facilitate the transition of product design and enhancements to full production/delivery.
- May lead product definition/system design for complex features or coordinate a small group in feature development and integration.
Required Qualifications :
Bachelor/Master Degree in Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering with >3 years related working experience.
Experience with design of digital, analog and system hardware architectures.
Must possess good understanding of power electronics, motor/inverter driven skills, thermal and mechanical concepts.
Experience using equipment like oscilloscopes and logic and power analyzers for problem resolution and design verification.
Minimum PCB layout and design experience.
Collaboration skills, including working remotely with others around the globe.
Some experience with DFM (Design For Manufacturability) and DFT (Design for Testability) design checking tools.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred using common ECAD tools including xDx Designer, xPCB Layout from Mentor Graphics, VX2.6 version and above.
Knowledge of basic Vacuum Technology.
Proficiency in high speed digital, analog and mixed signal layout techniques.
Naturally inclined to setup, follow & carry out procedures and process-based workflows.
Conversant with product structuring (e.g. BOMs), part numbering and change control. Experience with engineering change orders is a plus.
Experience with EMC testing and regulations
Knowledge of technical/design review participation and basic statistics.
Work experience using Agile PDM, SAP or other ERP, PLM or PDM systems.
Project management mentality & skills -- ability to keep multiple jobs moving forward and under control with excellent quality results.