Scientist I - Assay Development & Screening
1505 Westec Dr.
Eugene, OR 97402
How We Take Care of Our Humans
In addition to our highly collegial and friendly work environment, we offer a benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Basic and Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible work schedules
- Employee Events – including Summer BBQs, community service, and holiday-related events (virtually and in-person when we are able)
- COVID-19 precautions include remote (Zoom) interviewing, remote meetings, office and lab safety protocols as well as regular environmental testing in our facilities.
- Dog friendly office
Role: Scientist I - Assay Development & Screening Department: Phenotyping Location: Eugene, OR
As a key member of our P2 technical delivery team, you will be developing and performing robust, scalable, and reproducible assays utilizing C. elegans and/or zebrafish. In collaboration with our team and our customers, you will work on a variety of challenging projects to advance scientific discovery. From delivering custom client services to developing novel high content phenotyping products, methods and tools, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a growing and dynamic biotech company.
What You’ll be Doing
- Perform hands-on, high-quality lab work with real impact for the world.
- Adapt and improve existing in vivo experimental protocols to obtain high-throughput and reproducible C. elegans and zebrafish phenotyping data.
- Develop milestones and timelines, and effectively communicate assay development progress with stakeholders.
- Work independently and within a team to meet commercial and grant timelines, with the ability to deliver on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Record results accurately and clearly, reviewing documentation by others, and maintaining an organized system where data is gathered.
- Analyze and interpret results and communicate conclusions effectively internally and externally.
- Prepare written client reports and present data internally and to clients.
- Develop and write protocols and SOPs.
- Other assignments as directed.
What You Bring to the Table
InVivo Biosystems is looking for individuals that possess a positive can-do attitude, are motivated by doing a job well, are adaptable and flexible, have a continuous improvement mindset and will thrive in a fast-paced collaborative and diverse environment. In addition, successful candidates will have the following:
- Masters degree or PhD in molecular biology, genetics, bioengineering or similar life sciences field and 2-4 years of related phenotyping experience OR a bachelor’s degree in similar fields with at least 4 years relevant phenotyping experience.
- Prior experience with C. elegans and/or zebrafish or a similar animal model is required.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve difficult and complex multi-factorial problems.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve, apply critical thinking skills, and respond to changing goals.
- Above average written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, work autonomously and manage time effectively.
- Ability to analyze and summarize complex scientific data.
- Familiarity with MS Office or Google Suite or similar software.
- Experience in industry or commercial laboratory setting preferred.
- Previous customer communication experience, including client presentations, highly desired.
How to Apply
Go to https://invivobiosystems.com/careers/ apply to this specific position. Please provide your resume/CV and cover letter. Or apply via Indeed.com.
About Our Organization
InVivo Biosystems is a fast-paced, biotechnology company whose mission is powering a better understanding of human health. We do this by working with scientists, researchers, institutions and pharma companies from around the world to develop and study cutting-edge human genetic proxies for disease research and drug discovery. And we want you to be a part of our team. InVivo Biosystems is headquartered in Eugene, Oregon with a satellite lab in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Inclusion, it’s in our DNA. At InVivo Biosystems, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that encourages, supports, and celebrates diversity. These are not just words for us – we actively seek to create an environment that reflects the global community we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
We are scientists, researchers, business people, and barrier breakers - we are unique individuals. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion drive innovation. Together, we spark the insights that create a better, healthier world.
Equal Opportunity Statement
InVivo Biosystems is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and any other protected category as required by applicable law.