Associate Director, Technical Implementation
230 Constitution Dr.
Chicago, IL 60603
Position: Associate Director, Technical Implementation
Reports To: Sr. Director, Customer Success
Location: Chicago, IL or Remote
Talis is an exciting biomedical company that just completed an IPO on February 12, 2021! We have developed an innovative, proprietary, point-of-care molecular diagnostics platform. We have also recently developed a rapid COVID-19 assay test that runs on this platform. Enabling rapid testing across a wide range of healthcare settings, Talis is growing quickly. Come and join us to make a significant impact during this public health crisis and beyond. Contribute and be a significant team member as we develop other assays and launch other pipeline products in the infectious disease area.
Our visionary team combines depth of experience with passion to deliver. Our pioneering tests are designed to enable caregivers to quickly detect infectious organisms and enable individualized care. From the doctor’s office to the hospital bedside, to remote care settings, we are re-defining the treatment of infectious diseases.
Talis is committed to excellence in advancing improved health outcomes. This commitment, along with a dynamic team culture, drives our mission to develop and commercialize novel approaches.
The Associate Director, Technical Implementation will lead the Talis Technical Implementation team which provides in-field and remote assistance for pre- and post- sale technical activities with a primary emphasis on growing the user base of the Talis One diagnostic products. Utmost importance with always displaying core Talis values by treating customers and teammates with the highest levels of integrity and care. The Associate Director, Technical Implementation is responsible for hiring, training, and management of operations of the team in a fast-paced working environment. The individual will establish and monitor key performance indicators, perform trend analysis, and present data to internal teams. The Associate Director, Technical Implementation must be a strong communicator and be able to manage a field base team, with a presence across the U.S.
Responsibilities, but are not limited to:
- Strategic development and execution of implementation and training programs, guides, and tools meet customer needs as well as internal compliance
- Own implementation system infrastructure, procedures and requirements related to customer go-live
- Participate in technical material development and ensure all customer facing technical material is updated
- Hire and develop a top performing Technical Implementation team, that can respond effectively to meet customer needs
- Develop goals for team members, coach individual team members professional growth
- Support team through challenging technical and field satisfaction issues
- Jointly develop account strategies with Sales Team Management aimed at increasing Talis business as rapidly as
- Define territory mapping for regional teams
- Support and review enterprise level implementation strategies
- Review team member performance to ensure quality, timeliness, and customer satisfaction
- Establish and measure key performance indicators on program effectiveness
- Ensure proper escalation of on market issues to internal teams is performed in a timely manner, and advocate for quick resolution to customers
- Routine travel with Technical Implementation team members
- Develop and promote incentive programs
- Be an advocate for the customer, product quality and for providing excellent customer solutions
- Performs additional tasks as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in field with 10+ years of related experience OR Master’s degree in field with 7+ years of related experience; 5+ years Management experience
- Customer oriented – understands customer expectations and empathizes with customer & patient needs
- Training, teaching or management experience in one or more of the following preferred:
- Microbiology, Molecular Biology or Virology
- Patient sample collection practices and workflow
- Sample preparation practices and methodologies
- Point of Care implementation
- Medical devices, and software system integration (e., LIS and EMR) experience preferred
- Knowledge and use of commercial computer application packages (MS Office)
- Expert with CRM use
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactively analyzes complex problems, draw conclusions and propose precise action plans
- Works independently in a structured manner with ability to prioritize critical tasks
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization including sales, service, technical support, marketing and business management functions
- Experience in developing sales and commercial marketing strategies
- Must have a suitable home or remote work environment (High Speed Internet)
Talis offers excellent health and welfare benefits, stock options, a 401(k) program with immediate Company match, a rotating suite of snacks, Monday breakfasts, Happy Hours, other fun company events and more! Best of all, join us by working at a growing company like Talis with dedicated and collaborative employees committed to making a difference in Health Care.
Talis is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.