Supervisor Molecular Diagnostics
1515 Broad Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
New Jersey Urology is the largest Urological Medical Group in New Jersey and one of the largest in the country. We are leading the way in specialized care through the use of technology and medical advancements. Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with one of New Jersey’s largest medical groups? Do you want to join a team of people who put patient care first? If so, please apply!
New Jersey Urology operates a state of the art CLIA-certified and CAP accredited laboratory – NJU Diagnostics. NJU Diagnostics is looking for a highly motivated Lead/Supervisor of Molecular diagnostics to join its lab operations team. The Molecular Lead/Supervisor will help start and set up molecular/genomic testing services. He/she will lead operations of molecular lab and participate in its daily activities adhering with highest technical standards to provide quality test results.
Responsible for setting up and overseeing Molecular/Genomic lab testing to deliver high quality, efficient and timely laboratory services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead molecular/genomic testing start up and development projects and assist the lab management team in building high quality molecular/genomic testing services.
- Lead development and validations of molecular assays.
- Lead and guide medical technologists, lab assistants and other lab staff.
- Collaborate with lab management to maintain staffing and productivity monitors.
- Prepare/process specimens and operate molecular testing equipment/analyzers to report molecular laboratory results.
- Calibrate, standardize, adjust and maintain molecular/genomic laboratory equipment.
- Develop, write and/or modify policies and procedures for molecular/genomic testing.
- Perform and manage proficiency testing program for molecular/genomic testing.
- Perform all Quality Control and Quality Assurance procedures, including managing logs/files and recording of data.
- Review, evaluate, and document all problems and corrective action reports in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Perform routine and/or preventive maintenance on molecular laboratory equipment.
- Troubleshoot basic molecular instrumentation, reagents, technical problems and methodologies.
- Maintain sufficient supplies through the inventory management system.
- Perform in-service training programs, as needed.
- Manage and assist in all bench training in the molecular laboratory.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology, Molecular Biology or related field with MT(ASCP) or MB(ASCP) certification required.
- Meet CLIA & CAP requirements for testing personnel of molecular/genomic testing.
- MINIMUM 2 years molecular testing laboratory experience.
- Technical insight and have hands-on experience with PCR techniques and DNA/RNA isolation methods.
- Proven experience in clinical molecular assay design, validation, and implementation in accordance with CAP requirements.
- Extensive experience in complex diagnostic molecular testing techniques, including hands-on experience with Next-Generation Sequencing and PCR assays.
- Experience with bioinformatics tools desirable.
- Ability to solve complex problems independently and as part of a team.
- MUST be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Critical thinking with efficient and effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
How to Apply
Please send an email with your CV to:
Adnan Savera, MD