Burlingame, CA 94010
Cygnus Technologies is actively responding to the COVID-19 pandemic through vaccine and diagnostic programs.
Cygnus Technologies, a Maravai LifeSciences company, is seeking an Accounting Associate to join our growing team. This role will be responsible for performing day-to-day financial transactions, including inputting, verifying, classifying, computing, posting, and recording accounts for payable/receivable data. This role is based in the bay area, supporting our NC sister company remotely.
- Schedule AP payments and obtain required invoice approvals
- Prepare invoices, credits, and bank deposits
- Research vendor or customer payment posting discrepancies & resolve issues
- Contact vendors/customers to facilitate payments or receipts
- Reconcile the sub-ledgers to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Generate data and reports detailing accounts payable/receivable status
- Process accounts and payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Assist with month‐end close process, annual financial audit, annual tax compliance
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- AA or BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- 3-5 years work experience.
- Proven working experience as accounts payable/receivable specialist or accountant
- Understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices, and collection
- Data entry skills and proven ability to calculate, post, and manage accounting/financial records
- Hands‐on experience in operating spreadsheets/MS Office and ERP accounting software
- (NetSuite highly preferred)
- Proficiency in communication and customer service orientation
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Cygnus Technologies offers competitive wages and a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, and a retirement plan.
Cygnus Technologies is an EEO Employer.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
Cygnus Technologies, a Maravai LifeSciences company, supplies specialized analytical products to the biopharmaceutical industry for use in process development and quality control. As recognized experts in bioprocess impurity testing for analytes such as host cell proteins, Cygnus offers a broad menu of ready-to-use ELISA kits, reagents, and analytical services, custom process-specific antibodies and assays.