Technical Informatics Specialist (TIS)
5500 Central Ave.
Boulder, CO 80301
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world's first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position can be based in either the Boulder, CO or San Francisco Bay area, with moderate (10-20%) travel as needed.
Inscripta has developed the world's first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, consumables, software and assays, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations, enabling them to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Technical Informatics Specialist (TIS) located in Boulder, Colorado. Note: This position could be based in either our Boulder, CO or Pleasanton, CA location.
We are looking for an outstanding Technical Informatics Specialist (TIS) to ensure the successful analysis and interpretation of our customers’ Digital Genome Engineering projects. The TIS will leverage their experience in bioinformatics and genomics workflows to provide premier support for the InscriptaResolver analysis software. They will help customers to analyze sequencing data from cell libraries generated by our platform, determine library genotypic composition, identify edits and correlate/interpret genotypic and phenotypic assay data.
- Consult with and support Inscripta customers in the analysis of their projects using the Onyx™ Digital Genome Engineering platform.
- Analyze sequencing data using appropriate bioinformatics pipelines; interpret the resultant metrics to determine the genotypic composition of edited cell libraries and identify genomic edits.
- Assist in the interpretation and correlation of genotyping and phenotyping data.
- Support and facilitate next phases of the customer’s genome engineering project by driving subsequent rounds of experimental and edit design.
- Train, guide and support the customer’s use of the InscriptaResolver analysis software.
- Gather and communicate internally any customer and market trends, issues and observations.
- Determine unmet needs; suggest and help generate new tools to enhance the customer’s ability to analyze their genome engineering experiments.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or scientific area, such as computational biology, computer science, molecular biology, genomics, biochemistry or a related field. An advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- Firm understanding of genomics, molecular biology, metabolic engineering, synthetic biology is preferred. Background in phenotypic screening and selection experiments is also desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of scripting using Python or R as well as proficiency with command line tools in Unix/Linux.
- Experience creating Python or R notebooks and dashboards, such as Shiny, Flask, Dash, Streamlit or Jupyter, is desirable.
- Expertise with a broad range of bioinformatics software tools, algorithms and workflows, and experience using them on large data sets.
- Familiarity with a variety of bioinformatics file formats, such as GenBank, FASTA, GFF3, VCF, BED, and SAM/BAM.
- Experience with differential expression/analysis tools like DESeq, EdgeR, etc. and other tools to help with tertiary NGS data analysis
- Strong problem-solving, statistical, and mathematical skills.
- Strong communication, presentation and customer-facing skills.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
At Inscripta, we're more a calling than a company. Maybe it's our commitment to help feed, fuel and heal humanity. Making the MAD7™ CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes may not be typical in this industry, but it's typical for us. Our primary purpose is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations.
We want you to make bigger discoveries, faster and at unprecedented scale, experiencing those bold breakthroughs that the Onyx™ platform will provide. We live up to our press by 'walking the walk' every day, bringing you revolutionary tools that serve the greater good. Because Inscripta's more than a company, it's our calling.