NEW YORK (GenomeWeb) – As one of the leaders of the Human Proteome Project (HPP), Mark Baker, professor of proteomics at Sydney's Macquarie University, has for years been involved in the effort to nail down evidence for every human protein.

Currently, the effort has high-quality data identifying roughly 82 percent of the human proteome, leaving 18 percent, or around 3,500 of the anticipated 20,000-plus human proteins "missing." Many of these missing proteins, though, Baker noted, are hiding in plain sight.

Get the full story with
GenomeWeb Premium

Only $95 for the
first 90 days*

GenomeWeb Premium gives you:
✔ Full site access
✔ Interest-based email alerts
✔ Access to archives

Never miss another important industry story.

Try GenomeWeb Premium now.

You may already have institutional access!

Check if I qualify.

Already a GenomeWeb or 360Dx Premium member?
Login Now.

*Before your trial expires, we’ll put together a custom quote with your long-term premium options.

Not ready for premium?

Register for Free Content
You can still register for access to our free content.

Germany's Project DEAL has come to an agreement with the publisher Wiley over journal access and open-access publishing, ScienceInsider reports.

Researchers uncover additional loci associated with lifespan, which the Telegraph says could be folded into a genetic test.

A Canadian panel recommends public coverage of the gene therapy Kymriah if its cost comes down, the Globe and Mail reports.

In Nucleic Acids Research this week: new accurate quantification by sequencing approach, CNV breakpoints in Plasmodium falciparum, and more.

Feb
21
Sponsored by
L7 Informatics

This webinar will provide a first-hand look at how Gradalis, a clinical-stage immunotherapy developer, is using an information management solution from L7 to streamline its research, clinical, and manufacturing operations.