News on protein analysis, clinical proteomics, biomarkers in genetics, genomics, and molecular diagnostics.
The researchers combined different proteomic methods to explore the activity of the ALK inhibitor ceritinib and identify potential combination therapies.
The company will use the funds to refine a nanoparticle-based immunoenrichment approach to simplifying sample separations up front of mass spec analysis.
The group has identified proteins from nearly 90 percent of the predicted protein-coding genes, though the remaining 10 percent present significant challenges.
Mirroring developments in the field more generally, the organization's annual meeting showed a move toward more applied research as well as multi-omic projects.
The company plans to add protein detection capabilities to the system next year and envisions workflows linking it to its existing flow cytometry business.
The New York Times reports that as China invests in science, it also is dealing with research fraud.
In PLOS this week: transcriptome study of a cold-tolerant plant, deep sequencing of clinical influenza A samples, and more.
The Atlantic writes that retrotransposons like BovB have proliferated in a number of genomes.
Researchers have sequenced the genome of a man who lived in China some 40,000 years ago, according to UPI.