IDbyDNA: Scientific Advisory Board Members
IDbyDNA, a company developing metagenomic technology for infectious disease testing and pathogen surveillance, has appointed several individuals to its scientific advisory board. The new board members are:
- Adrian Egli, head of clinical bacteriology and mycology at the University Hospital Basel and an independent research group leader at the department of biomedicine, University of Basel.
- Tamara Feldblyum, who previously served for 15 years at the US Food and Drug Administration's Center for Devices and Radiological Health's Office of In Vitro Diagnostics and Radiological Health as a branch chief in the division of microbiology devices. She also was director of a core sequencing facility at the Institute for Genomic Research.
- Karl Voelkerding, a diagnostic genomics expert who as part of the College of American Pathologists and the Association for Molecular Pathology has led the development of guidelines and recommendations for best practices in NGS-based testing.
- Christopher Woods, chief of infectious diseases for the Durham VA Medical Center
- Stephen Young, an infectious disease expert who has provided technical expertise and laboratory operations experience to approximately 40 in vitro diagnostics device companies and has completed more than 200 FDA clinical trials