908 Devices: Scientific Advisory Board
908 Devices, a developer of handheld and desktop mass spectrometry instruments, has named six new individuals to its scientific advisory board:
- Michael Betenbaugh, a professor of chemical and biomolecular engineering at Johns Hopkins University and lead PI of the Advanced Mammalian Biomanufacturing Innovation Center.
- Tim Charlebois, who will be joining the board in June following his retirement after a 30-year career in biopharmaceutical development at Pfizer, where he serves as VP of technology and innovation.
- Elena Chernokalskaya, most recently an executive for upstream bioprocess R&D at GE Life Sciences.
- John Erickson, acting chief technology officer at the National Institute for Innovation in Manufacturing Biopharmaceuticals, and previously VP of biopharmaceutical and sterile manufacturing science and technology at GlaxoSmithKline.
- Krishnedndu Roy, professor and chair in biomedical engineering at Georgia Tech, and director of the National Science Foundation Engineering Research Center for Cell Manufacturing Technologies.
- Eugene Schaefer, most recently senior director of API large-molecule biotherapeutics development at Janssen (J&J). Prior to joining Janssen in 2008, Schaefer held senior positions in process development and manufacturing of therapeutic proteins and gene therapy vectors at Bristol-Myers Squibb, Schering Plough, and Genzyme.