Kapa Biosystems said this week that it has added four new managers as part of the company's expansion, which included moving and increasing the size of its US and South African offices.
Kobus Lindeque has joined Kapa as managing director of the company's Cape Town facility. Lindeque spent the past 15 years working for Monsanto, most recently as managing director of Monsanto Africa.
Jean-Christophe Hatinguas has been named director of international sales for Kapa. In this role, he will be responsible for growing the company's PCR, qPCR, and next-generation sequencing product franchises globally. He has more than 30 years of sales, marketing, and management experience, including with companies such as Qiagen, Mettler-Toledo, Applied Biosystems (now Life Technologies), and Waters.
Chris Tierney is Kapa's new director of business development. He has more than 15 years of business development experience, Kapa said, including with companies such as Thermo Fisher Scientific, Dharmacon (now part of Thermo), and Qiagen.
Brian Komorous is Kapa's new director of marketing. Komorous has worked for RainDance Technologies, Beckman Coulter Genomics, and BD Diagnostics, a division of Becton Dickinson. At RainDance, Komorous oversaw the company's targeted sequencing business.
AdvaMedDx, a division of the Advanced Medical Technology Association (AdvaMed) that is focused on opportunities and challenges facing companies that develop and manufacture diagnostic tests, has elected John Bishop as new chairman of the board.
Bishop is chairman and CEO of Cepheid, and brings more than four decades of experience in leadership and executive management of medical device and diagnostics manufacturers. He joined Cepheid as CEO and director in April 2002. He has previously served as president, director, and CEO of Vysis; chairman and CEO of MicroProbe and Source Scientific Systems; and president and COO of Gen-Probe (now part of Hologic). In addition, he has served on the AdvaMedDx board since 2010.
Additionally, several members were re-elected and one newly elected to serve on AdvaMedDx's board of directors for the 2014-2015 term.
The newly elected AdvaMedDx board member is Robert Greczyn, interim president and CEO of LipoScience.
The re-elected AdvaMedDx board members are:
• John Coulter, president, Abbott Molecular; vice president, Abbott Laboratories;
• David Macdonald, president and CEO, Agendia;
• Ron Zwanziger, president and CEO, Alere;
• Nefertiti Greene, vice president and head of US diabetes care, Bayer HealthCare;
• Vincent Forlenza, president and CEO, Becton Dickinson;
• Brian Armstrong, CFO, BioMérieux;
• Norman Schwartz, president and CEO, Bio-Rad;
• Lisa Ashby, president, medical device and diagnostics, Cardinal Health;
• Tom Joyce, executive vice president, Danaher;
• Rohan Hastie, group vice president, diagnostics, Hologic;
• Bill Hawkins, executive vice president, Immucor;
• Brian Miller, managing partner, Linden Capital Partners;
• Patrick Balthrop, president and CEO, Luminex;
• Carsten Schroeder, president, diagnostics, Novartis Diagnostics;
• Eric Compton, worldwide president, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics;
• Peer Schatz, president and CEO, Qiagen;
• Doug Bryant, president and CEO, Quidel;
• Roland Diggelmann, COO, diagnostics division, Roche;
• Jerry Casey, COO, Sekisui Diagnostics;
• Michael Reitermann, CEO, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics;
• John Kershaw, president and CEO, Sysmex America;
• Scott Garrett, partner, Water Street Healthcare Partners