HUPO Human Proteome Project Hits 90 Percent Coverage of Predicted Proteins A decade after its launch, the effort has detected almost 18,000 human proteins and is shifting its focus more on different protein forms and functional data. The Decade In Proteomics: Most Significant Initiatives Premium The 2010s saw major strides made through several large-scale initiatives aimed at mapping the human proteome and developing approaches for clinical work. At HUPO 2019 Proteomics Looks to Solidify Its Place in Broader Research World Premium Gathering last week in Australia, the community continued its years-long push towards increased clinical relevance and integration with other omics disciplines. HUPO Moving in Translational, Clinical Direction as HPP Project Approaches Goal Premium The group's meeting this week evidenced the ongoing shift towards analyzing proteins in the context of specific isoforms, complexes, and cells. HUPO Researchers Draw Closer to Goal of Characterizing Human Proteome Premium The group has identified proteins from nearly 90 percent of the predicted protein-coding genes, though the remaining 10 percent present significant challenges. Sep 29, 2017 HUPO 2017 Sees Increased Emphasis On Translational, Clinical Work Premium Feb 9, 2017 Human Proteome Project Finds Outside Biological Knowledge Could Aid Effort Premium Sep 29, 2016 Q&A: Ruedi Aebersold on HUPO 2016 and Trends in Proteomics Premium Sep 23, 2016 HUPO 2016 Sees Continued Progress on Proteome Pursuit; Launch of New Initiatives, Technologies Premium Feb 19, 2016 Genentech Scientists Offer Perspective on Proteomics' Evolution Into General Research Tool Premium Jul 24, 2015 CHPP Group Using In Vitro Protein Expression to Improve Project's Proteome Coverage Premium Jun 19, 2015 New C-HPP Update Puts Coverage of Human Proteome at 85 Percent and Rising Premium Jan 2, 2015 For Proteomics, 2014 Marked by Interest, Critiques from the Broader Community Premium Nov 7, 2014 C-HPP Researchers Use ENCODE Data to Detect New Proteoforms with Possible Links to Glioblastoma Premium Oct 4, 2013 Chromosome-Centric HPP Expects to Complete Map of Full Human Proteome by End of 2014 Premium Sep 27, 2013 Proteomics Vendors, Researchers Exploring Ideas for More Accessible Instrumentation Premium Sep 13, 2013 People in the News: Christie Hunter Premium May 17, 2013 Researchers Devise Fast MS Proteome Profiling Workflow for Use in Chinese Human Proteome Project Premium Mar 8, 2013 China's Proteomics Boom Continues, Though Not Immune from Global Life Sciences Slowdown Premium Nov 30, 2012 Human Proteome Project Organizers Propose Role for Group in ENCODE Initiative Premium Oct 26, 2012 Q&A: Neil Kelleher on his Proposal for a Cell-Based Human Proteome Project Premium Sep 28, 2012 Q&A: Ghasem Hosseini Salekdeh on Iran's Role in the Chromosome-Centric Human Proteome Project Premium Sep 21, 2012 Targeted Mass Spec Slowly but Steadily Moving Toward Broader Commercial, Clinical Adoption Premium Sep 21, 2012 CPTAC Organizers, Researchers Offer Update on Plans and Progress as Project Data Portal Goes Live Premium Sep 14, 2012 At HUPO 2012, Researchers Look to Prove, Promote Proteomics as Broad Life Sciences Research Tool Premium Load More Breaking News FDA Revises SARS-CoV-2 Test Emergency Use Authorization Requirements to Account for Variants Geisinger Wins $5M NIH Grant to Develop Point-of-Care Genetic Diagnostic Tool Second Genome, Virginia Commonwealth University Partner on NASH Biomarker Discovery LGC Receives CE Mark for AccuPlex SARS-CoV-2, Flu A/B, RSV Reference Material Kit Esophageal Cancer Testing Firm Lucid Diagnostics Files For IPO Twist Bioscience, DeepCDR Collaborate on Antibody Library Design The Scan Booster for At-Risk The New York Times reports that the US Food and Drug Administration has authorized a third dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech SARS-CoV-2 vaccine for people over 65 or at increased risk. Preprints OK to Mention Again Nature News reports the Australian Research Council has changed its new policy and now allows preprints to be cited in grant applications. Hundreds of Millions More to Share The US plans to purchase and donate 500 million additional SARS-CoV-2 vaccine doses, according to the Washington Post. Nature Papers Examine Molecular Program Differences Influencing Neural Cells, Population History of Polynesia In Nature this week: changes in molecular program during embryonic development leads to different neural cell types, and more.