The New York Genome Center has appointed Lisa Escudero as vice president of human resources. She served as head of human resources for American Standard Brands for eight years, and prior to that as director of human resources for Merck and Co for 18 years. She began her career as a research scientist for FMC Corporation's Agricultural Chemical Group.
Ariel Jasie, Linda Bain, and Konstantin Konstantinov
Codiak has appointed Ariel Jasie as chief business officer, Linda Bain as CFO, and Konstantin Konstantinov as senior vice president of manufacturing and process sciences. They are the first members of the company’s core executive team. Jasie joined Codiak from Celgene where he led the strategy and operations group in research and early development. He previously served on Celgene's business development team. Bain joined Codiak from Avalanche Biotechnologies where she served as CFO. She previously served as vice president of finance, vice president of business operations, and treasurer at Bluebird Bio. Prior to joining Codiak, Konstantinov was responsible for late-stage bioprocess and technology development at Sanofi’s Boston hub. Before working at Sanofi, he worked for Bayer for 14 years.
Claritas Genomics Scientific Advisory Board
Claritas Genomics has announced the formation of a scientific advisory board comprised of leading experts in the fields of medical genetics, neurology, oncology, pharmacology, translational medicine and drug development. The board will provide valuable scientific and clinical insights, along with strategic guidance, the company said.
The board will be comprised of:
- Tracy Glauser, who will serve as the scientific advisory board’s chair and is the current chair of Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center.
- Lou Kunkel, who is the current director of the program in genomics and director of sequencing/genotyping, expression array and FACS sorting core facilities at Boston’s Children’s Hospital.
- Scott Pomeroy, who is the current chair of the department of neurology and neurologist-in-chief at Boston Children’s Hospital.
- Nina Schor, who is the current chair, professor of pediatrics, professor in the departments of neurology and neurobiology and anatomy, and pediatrician-in-chief for Golisano Children’s Hospital at the University of Rochester.
- Albert Seymour, who is the current global head of research and nonclinical development at Shire Pharmaceuticals.
- Christopher Walsh, who is the current chief for the division of genetics and genomics at Boston’s Children’s Hospital.
For more recent items on executive appointments and promotions in the omics and molecular diagnostics industries, please see the People in the News page on our website.