23andMe: Paul Johnson, Ian Van Every
In connection with 23andMe's acquisition of telemedicine company Lemonaid Health, Paul Johnson, Lemonaid's CEO and cofounder, will become general manager of 23andMe's consumer business. Ian Van Every, Lemonaid's cofounder and managing director for the UK, will manage 23andMe's operations in the UK.
Akoya Biosciences: Pascal Bamford
Pascal Bamford has been appointed as senior VP of R&D and laboratory operations at Akoya Biosciences. Most recently, he was senior VP of products and services R&D at Exact Sciences. Previously, he was CSO and head of laboratory operations at Epic Sciences, and prior to that, he held senior leadership positions with Ventana Medical Systems. Bramford holds a Ph.D. in cell image analysis from the University of Queensland in Australia and a master's degree in engineering from the University of Bristol, UK, and Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Télécommunications in France.
Roswell Biotechnologies: Scientific Advisory Board
Roswell Biotechnologies has formed a scientific advisory board to help with the final stages of development and commercialization of its molecular electronics chips. Members of the SAB include:
- James Tour, professor of chemistry, computer science, and materials science and nanoengineering at Rice University
- Sandra Schmid, CSO of the Chan Zuckerberg Biohub
- Drew Hall, associate professor of electrical and computer engineering at the University of California, San Diego
- Eli Yablanovitch, professor of electrical engineering and computer sciences at the University of California, Berkeley
- George Church, professor of genetics at Harvard Medical School and professor of health sciences and technology at Harvard and MIT
- Stanley Nelson, professor of human genetics, psychiatry, pediatrics, pathology, and laboratory medicine at the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles
- Stanley Osher, professor of mathematics, computer science, electrical engineering, and chemical and biomolecular engineering at UCLA
For additional recent items on executive appointments and promotions in omics and molecular diagnostics, please see the People in the News page on our website.