So what's the main difference between you and James Watson? While the rest of us are stuck with each other, Watson says in his life he has been able to "live among unboring people." The online division of the San Diego Union-Tribune interviewed Watson, who is in San Diego this week promoting his new book, Avoid Boring People: Lessons from a Life in Science. The Q&A is well worth your time, if for nothing more than our favorite tidbits about the Nobel laureate:
- Current hero: Roger Federer
- Most important person to have lived on Earth: Charles Darwin
- Alternate career path: Art dealer (because life is "not about big boobs")
- Says he earns less than: Baseball umpires
- Best overall quote: "I'll be happy when we get to the point of a Chevrolet genome."