Short Reads | GenomeWeb

Short Reads

Premium

Microsoft’s Bill Gates presented a plan to build a network of research centers across Europe in what is known as the EuroScience Initiative. The first center would be at Italy’s University of Trento, where Microsoft would fund 40 percent and government funding would make up the remaining 60 percent to start a computational and systems biology center. Funding specifics were not issued. Gates did say that if all goes well in Europe, this could be a model that might next be used in Asia and the US.

 

Get the full story with
GenomeWeb Premium

Only $95 for the
first 90 days*

A trial upgrade to GenomeWeb Premium gives you full site access, interest-based email alerts, access to archives, and more. Never miss another important industry story.

Try GenomeWeb Premium now.

Already a GenomeWeb Premium member? Login Now.
Or, See if your institution qualifies for premium access.

*Before your trial expires, we’ll put together a custom quote with your long-term premium options.

Not ready for premium?

Register for Free Content
You can still register for access to our free content.

A Karmagenes researcher has lost his position after reportedly admitting to data fabrication, according to Retraction Watch.

Two neuroscientists write in Nature News that solving the "reproducibility crisis" in science may require changing the requirements for publication.

In Nature this week: genomic analysis of prehistoric New Mexicans, a nanopore method for mapping DNA methylation, and more.

A new study finds that adding missing good bacteria to the skin microbiome of atopic dermatitis patients decreases Staphylococcus aureus colonization.