Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
US Candidates only. At this time we cannot accommodate international candidates requiring sponsorship for Contractor positions. If eleigible for OPT, please feel free to apply.
This role is to provide bioinformatics test support for Illumina’s data analysis software. As a bioinformatics test engineer, you will work in a cross functional team to perform verification and validation on Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) analysis (locally and in the cloud). In this role you will plan an integral part in driving the V&V efforts for bioinformatics applications in both BaseSpace and BaseSpace Onsite. You will also be working with workflow automation/management applications.
The successful candidate must be a fast learner, have a strong sense of ownership and motivation, and be detail-orientated.
• Work independently in cross-functional teams to lead the testing effort for bioinformatics data analysis software.
• Apply knowledge to develop, modify, and execute software test plans and test cases.
• Develop and execute automation scripts for data validation.
• Work with software developers, bioinformatics scientists and domain experts in designing, performing, and improving the verification process.
• Collaborate with peers to identify opportunities for process improvement.
• Bachelor or Master Degree (or higher) in Bioinformatics, Computational Science, or related field from an accredited university (or foreign equivalent).
• Good verbal and written communication and troubleshooting skills.
• Solid understanding of genetics, NGS technique, human genome analysis, and familiar with bioinformatics tools and algorithms.
• Working experience with Linux and Windows OS, experience with scripting (such as bash or Python) and object-oriented programming (such as C#) is a must.
• Previous working experience involving Bioinformatics software development or testing is preferred.
• Familiarity with databases (such as MySQL or PostgreSQL), Cloud computing (such as Amazon Web Services), and web services is a plus.
For inquiries and applications, please send Resume/CV/Cover Letters to:
At Illumina, we apply innovative technologies for studying genetic variation and function, making studies possible that were not even imaginable just a few years ago. These revolutionary tools for DNA and RNA analysis are enabling rapid advances in disease research, drug development, and the development of molecular tests in the clinic.
Illumina's innovative sequencing and array technologies are fueling groundbreaking advancements in life science research, translational and consumer genomics, and molecular diagnostics.