Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
- Design state of the art software for NGS data analysis.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in your field of expertise and actively integrate new knowledge in our software.
- Become an expert user of the software in your field of expertise and provide support for colleagues and customers.
- Be actively involved in the software development process, which include implementation of algorithms, quality assurance and benchmarking.
- Ph.D. degree in computer science, bioinformatics, computational biology, statistics or related discipline.
- Experience with NGS data analysis is a requirement while broad experience in the field of bioinformatics is a strong advantage.
- Experience with resequencing or transcriptomics analysis of human genomic data.
- Minimum of four years of daily experience working with the development and implementation of complex algorithms.
- Proficiency in Java or similar language.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze and define software requirements and bridge the gap between biology and software development.
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to work independently.
- Strong sense of project ownership and a good team player.
- Fast learner of new technologies with an ability to perform independent research.
QIAGEN is one of the world’s most successful biotech companies and has achieved outstanding growth in its industry. As a worldwide leading provider of innovative DNA, RNA, and protein purification technologies and molecular testing solutions to the life science market and to diagnostic laboratories, we have consistently delivered impressive year-on-year revenue increases.