Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Myriad Genetic Laboratories is seeking a creative and energetic genetic counselor, experienced or new graduate, to join a team of 10 Professional Support Specialists (PSS) in the Medical Services Department. The PSS counselors provide a wide range of services for Myriad Genetic Laboratories (MGL), a world leader in cancer predisposition testing and personalized medicine.
This is an excellent position for anyone who would like to build on their genetic counseling skills, expand their knowledge, and take advantage of a supportive environment in which they can explore varied and non-traditional roles for genetic counselors.
* Daily interactions with healthcare providers and patients regarding all aspects of hereditary cancer testing (risk assessment, interpretation of results, medical management, sample submission and laboratory procedures).
* Development and support of new products in the area of personalized medicine, including pharmacokinetics and tumor analysis.
* Development and execution of individual research studies, laboratory initiatives, product launches, marketing programs and other projects.
* Ongoing evaluation and review of literature relating to hereditary cancer testing and other Myriad products. PSS counselors provide clinical information and interact extensively with other departments at MGL (marketing, sales, customer service, technical development and laboratory operations).
* Participation in the process of preparation and review of educational materials for clients--both healthcare professionals and patients.
* Development and presentation of in-house training programs.
* Continuing education is a priority. Attendance at professional meetings is supported and encouraged, as is participation in professional organizations
Applicants should be ABGC Board Certified or Board Eligible in order to obtain licenses in the state of Utah. Assistance is available for individuals scheduled to take the board exam.
Physical and Mental Requirements of the job:
Communicating, Analyzing, Coordinating