Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, the Center's five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science. The Hutchinson Center, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Seattle Children's, is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest. Join us and make a difference!
A Postdoctoral Researcher is needed to work on preclinical translation of induced pluripotent stem cell based therapeutics. The candidate will be focused on development and application of novel PSC-based blood therapeutics and characterization of pluripotent stem cells from human cells with hematologic genetic disease (i.e. cancer stem cells, myleodisplastic syndrome).
Work will involve projects that seek to:
1) Translate pluripotent based hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells to the nonhuman primate
2) Develop and test gene therapy approaches for correction of human pluripotent stem cells generated from patients with hematologic genetic disease
3) Identify novel mechanisms to support hematopoietic stem/progenitor cell expansion from pluripotent stem cells.
- Generate and characterize pluripotent stem cell lines from nonhuman primate and human primary cells
- Perform gene transfer and hematopoietic stem cell differentiation of pluripotent stem cells
- Participate in preclinical scale up of PSC-based blood cell therapeutics to a nonhuman primate model of engraftment
- PhD degree in a biological science
- Pluripotent stem cell culture experience
- Basic molecular biology skills (PCR, cloning, qPCR, RT-PCR)
- First author publication history
- Primary mammalian cell isolation, gene transfer, and culture
- Human pluripotent stem cell reprogramming, characterization, gene modification, differentiation Human Pluripotent stem cell reprogramming experience.
- Experience in designing, conducting, and applying a wide range of stem cell and molecular biology techniques
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry immunostaining and analysis
- Experience with hematopoiesis, human cell culture and transplantation in NSG mice preferred
Desired Personal Attributes:
- Strong oral, written and verbal communication skills
- The ideal candidate can is highly organized, can work independently and on a team, with some prior management experience
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE