Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The highly diversified and talented instrument manufacturing engineering team is seeking an experienced engineer to support a wide variety of tasks associated with our current and future products. We’re looking for a candidate who has solid experience in all aspects of device manufacturing, NPI and contract manufacturer management. The qualified individual must be a highly motivated, strategic team player who can be effective working with minimal management oversight .
• Transition product from development to manufacturing.
• Establish a broad and deep functional understanding of the instrument and the build processes.
• Hands on troubleshooting
• Instrument manufacturing process development and documentation
• Transition of subsystems to contractor manufacturer
• Contract manufacturer training
• Contract manufacturer product quality oversight and issue resolution.
• BOM development
• Author change orders
• 6+ years of instrument manufacturing engineering experience is required
• Experience creating and implementing change orders is required
• Experience with BOM structuring for manufacturing is required.
• Supplier management experience is required
• Experience with new product introduction is required.
• Experience defining and documenting manufacturing process is required.
• Hands-on integration and troubleshooting experience is required.
• Ability to perform basic mechanical design and create drawings is required. SolidWorks is a plus
• Must be able to work independently and with little supervision.
• Must be able to work constructively to resolve problems.
• Ability to perform cable design and produce associated drawings is a plus.
• Familiarity with medical device development and manufacturing is a plus.
Pacific Biosciences’ mission is to transform the way humankind acquires, processes and interprets data from living systems through the design, development and commercialization of innovative tools for biological research. The company has developed a novel approach to studying the synthesis and regulation of DNA, RNA and protein. Combining recent advances in nanofabrication, biochemistry, molecular biology, surface chemistry and optics, Pacific Biosciences has created a powerful technology platform called single molecule, real-time, or SMRT™, technology. SMRT technology enables real-time analysis of biomolecules with single molecule resolution, which has the potential to transform the understanding of biological systems by providing a window into these systems that has not previously been open for scientific study.