Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, the Center's five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science.
The Hutchinson Center, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Seattle Children's, is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest. Join us and make a difference!
The Administrative Assistant performs general administrative and secretarial duties for the CRS Director and managers. The position is responsible for interpreting policy, representing the department or Director, and interacting with Consortium personnel and outside organizations. The incumbent will manage the daily operations of Department and keep the Director informed of any building, staff or operational issues. The position reports to the CRS Data and Operations Manager.
- Arranges conference and meeting schedules, travel agendas and requirements and activities as required
- Manages the CRS Director's calendar and meeting agendasFunctions as a primary contact person for the department by greeting Department visitors, answering CRS mainline and email; routes requests to appropriate department staff
- Purchases equipment and supplies for the program; performs inventory control duties; work with purchasing department
- Represents the department or program head to various individuals and organizations
- Participates in the preparation of grants and proposals working directly with CRS and Center administration to ensure proper formatting and timely submission
- Verifies and approves routine budget expenditures
- Processes Time and Effort payroll information for the department staff
- Prepares correspondence and technical material (i.e. reports, manuscripts) for the departmentInterprets and communicates administrative policies to CRS staff
- Coordinates on-boarding and off-boarding for CRS staff
- Documents processes and procedures for CRS daily office operations
- Performs quality checks for Clinical FYI systemInforms CRS Director of operational, staff or other issues as appropriate
Required Experience and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of progressively complex administrative or clerical experience are required for this position.
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Strong computer and word processing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to adapt to changing work priorities
We are a VEVRRA Federal Contractor
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE