Each employee’s specific job responsibilities are uniquely defined by their individual training plan and assigned duties, but are generally defined as follows:
- Complying with the laboratory’s technical, administrative and safety policies and procedures.
- Participating in the laboratory’s quality assurance plan, adhering to quality control and preventive maintenance policies and appropriately documenting these activities.
- Following the laboratory’s policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within acceptable limits and documenting the problem and any corrective action.
- Troubleshooting and identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance and/or reporting of test results by initiating corrective action and using the defined electronic system to make the required management notification.
- Performing proficiency testing in the same manner as routine samples.
- Actively participating in successful and timely completion of training and competency assessment as outlined in the laboratory and departmental training programs.
- Where competency has not been approved by supervision, will work under the direct supervision of an employee competent on the task.
- Participating in continuing education according to accepted laboratory standards.
- Participates in departmental and cross-functional teams to resolve problems or implement projects.
- Can serve as a trainer on technical processes within the group.
- Assist in achieving and maintaining laboratory certifications as appropriate
- Master’s degree in clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science, or,
- Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory/medical technology science.
- Due to the nature of the tests extensive documentation skills are required
- Requires good attention to detail
- Good communication skills are a must
- Requires the ability to adapt to change efficiently
Physical and Mental Requirements of the job:
Lifting up to 20lbs, Pulling and/or Pushing, Carrying, Repetitive Motion, Near Acuity, Color Determination, Depth Perception