The Account Executive is responsible for increasing the number of genetic test samples sent to Myriad in his/her territory. This is accomplished by increasing the number of physician practices that identify patients at risk for hereditary cancers. The account executive will sell them on the value of genetic testing and educate these physician’s practices to identify high-risk patients, provide adequate patient education which will enable the office to offer cancer risk assessment services on-site. The account executive should spend 85% of his/her time calling on physician offices and 15% of his/her time working with established cancer genetics programs. The account executive will be working with several medical professional specialties, which generally include Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Colo-Rectal Surgeons, Breast Surgeons, General Surgeons and Genetic Specialists.
- Meet with all top 70-80 franchise accounts 2 times per month
- Identify and implement an action plan to drive growth in territory
- Focus majority of intervention dollars towards action plan docs
- Must meet expense budget
- Must meet administrative requirements
- BS/BA degree and minimum of two years of medical sales experience or demonstrated success in other sales capacities.
- Oncology experience is a plus.
- Able to work independently with strong work ethic
- Must demonstrate a high level of product knowledge
- Must be willing to drive to appointments throughout territory with occasional overnight responsibilities
Physical and Mental Requirements of the job:
Carrying, Talking, Hearing, Coordinating