Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for supporting and executing campaigns through a combination of channels including telephone, email and online for lead nurturing and customer engagement in support of the Life Sciences business area at QIAGEN. The Specialist will have a primary focus in following up by phone and email with existing and potential customers, frequently scientific researchers who have attended one of our educational webinars or who have requested additional information or a product sample.
- They will engage with these researchers to assess their needs and determine the next best step, which could include finding answers to questions they may have, research study and product recommendations, helping to connect them with a sales representative, or providing them a quote.
- As the company expands marketing efforts with various online and social media channels, the Specialist will monitor and respond to relevant online comments for customer engagement and lead nurturing.
- The Specialists will utilize one or more customer relationship management (CRM) databases for their activities and to input new information that will increase sales effectiveness.
The Specialist must have a scientific education and experience either working in a research lab or customer-facing business experience. Experience in marketing, marketing communications, sales, customer service, technical support, or technical writing preferred. The Specialist must be a rapid learner, interested in developing knowledge of online marketing tools and best practices.
- Minimum education: B.A. / B.S. degree in life sciences (Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or equivalent).
- Two years laboratory experience OR two years marketing, sales, customer service, technical support, or technical writing experience.
- Veterans are encouraged to apply and consideration will be made to translate military careers, ratings, and experience to meet position requirements. Potential crosswalk for Military Occupational Classifications (MOC) include:
o Mass Communication / Communicator (002206, 3299, 4341, 4305, and MC)
o Public Affairs / Information (0026221, 019, 03, 165, 2412, 340, 35P1, 35P3, 35P4, 3N000, 4301, 4302, 46A, 46Q, 46R, 8152, 8153, and PA)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- English language skills on a native level required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with multiple and changing priorities while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to readily track and recall communications with customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with local and internationally-based team members.
If interested, please apply online:
or forward your resume to email@example.com
As the innovative market and technology leader, QIAGEN creates sample and assay technologies that enable access to content from any biological sample.
Our mission is to enable our customers to achieve outstanding success and breakthroughs in life sciences, applied testing, pharma, and molecular diagnostics. We thereby make improvements in life possible.
Our commitment to the markets, customers, and patients we serve drives our innovation and leadership in all areas where our sample and assay technologies are required.
The exceptional talent, skill, and passion of our employees are key to QIAGEN’s excellence, success and value.