We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly skilled field based Product Specialist, preferably based around Boston, MA, USA, to join our growing team in Avacta Analytical. You will provide scientific and application support to customers in North America.
Avacta Analytical develops and sells the Optim platform of instruments to end users throughout the world. As product specialist you will be responsible for providing pre-sale and post-sale application and scientific support to customers in pharmaceutical, biotech and academic accounts across North America. They will work closely with Sales to provide technical expertise, present seminars, perform demos and evaluations to promote and drive uptake of the OPTIM instrumentation and technology.
The Product Specialist will provide first-class customer training and application support to ensure customers are completely satisfied and able to get the most out of their purchase as well as promoting consumable sales. Other responsibilities will include providing a first line of engineering triage support – being able to perform simple fault finding to enable better and faster specialist support from the engineering support team.
To be eligible for this post, you will have either a PhD in biophysics or biochemistry or at least 3 years of full-time equivalent research or industry experience. Experience and knowledge of protein folding and aggregation as well as experience of biophysical techniques such as fluorescence, light scattering and differential scanning calorimetry is an advantage.
Successful candidates should have a bold and innovative nature, be able to demonstrate excellent communication, organisational and problem solving skills, be able to demonstrate the ability to multitask effectively and have a desire to be fully involved in the growth of the business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for supporting Account Managers to sell Avacta products through joint sales calls.
• Lead sales follow up, perform onsite presentations and demonstrations, attend trade shows and user meetings.
• Provide technically sound & detailed presentations of Avacta products at promotional venues and high level scientific meetings.
• Provide optimal pre-sales information, product demonstration, and post-sales technical and application support.
• Support Sales Managers in providing high level technical presentations to potential customer base so they adopt Avacta products via effective presentations, demonstrations that include evaluations in customer laboratories or at Avacta facilities.
• Assist customers with optimising applications, including experimental design. This includes practical bench laboratory work when needed.
• Act as a liaison with internal Avacta experts to trouble shoot and resolve field product performance issues