Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Medical, Dental, Vision, + more
Why is one person more likely to develop a disease—like cancer, diabetes or Parkinson’s—than someone else? Why would one person respond differently to treatment than another? What is the most effective treatment for each patient? Illumina’s technologies are helping researchers and clinicians around the world to answer these questions and others, on a scale not even possible a few years ago.
Illumina develops tools for the discovery of genetic variation and the analysis of its biological significance. We have developed assays for applications including sequencing, whole genome genotyping, gene expression, methylation, and copy number variation. We are seeking an exceptional individual to contribute to innovative methods which transform sequencing results into discoveries and clinical insight to improve patient care. Your responsibilities may include:
• Design statistical and machine-learning models for variant calling and interpretation
• High performance software/algorithm design and prototyping
• Analysis of error modes and actionable patterns in large scale data sets
• Analysis and modeling to support new assay development
• Participation in sequencing analysis/methods development communities
• Experience developing novel inference models and/or algorithms
• Expertise in software development using C++/C#/Java or similar
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Training or research experience in genomics, population genetics or cancer
• Exposure to professional software engineering development practices
• Experience with next-generation sequencing platforms and data.
• PhD in computer science, mathematics, statistics, bioinformatics, or equivalent
When you join the high-performing team at Illumina, your work takes on new meaning. Our growth, our positive culture, and the impact our products are having in the world ignite a passion that drives our people forward. And together, we accomplish beyond expectations.
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply directly to our website at www.illumina.com/careers (referencing #691)
At Illumina, our goal is to apply innovative technologies and revolutionary assays to the analysis of genetic variation and function, making studies possible that were not even imaginable just a few years ago. These studies will help make the realization of personalized medicine possible. With such rapid advances in technology taking place, it is mission critical to have solutions that are not only innovative, but flexible, scalable, and complete with industry-leading support and service. As a global company that places high value on collaborative interactions, rapid delivery of solutions, and prioritizing the needs of its customers, we strive to meet this challenge. Illumina’s innovative, array-based solutions for DNA, RNA, and protein analysis serve as tools for disease research, drug development, and the development of molecular tests in the clinic.