Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Pacific Biosciences is seeking a talented, driven and experienced individual to join the SMRT cell packaging design and process development activities. The candidate needs to have a passion for Pacific Biosciences technology and mission. His/her central focus will be assist in the qualification of novel packaging processes for next generation consumable development. The candidate will be required to technically lead and/or participate in complex packaging development projects ranging from small development studies, yield improvement to a full product release. The candidate must have an appetite for solving complex problems requiring evaluation of intangible factors and must be very comfortable in a multi-disciplinary environment. In addition, they will also be expected to handle development projects and relationships with external back-end suppliers.
• Develop packaging unit processes such as wafer-wafer bonding, CMP, grind, dicing, cap wafer production, TSV, injection molding, micro-machining etc.
• Execute test plans on package sub-components and full assemblies to determine design and process window. Determine the best approach for failure analysis and analyze experimentation data to make design recommendations.
• Work in multiple cross-functional projects with instrumentation, optics and manufacturing teams to achieve the right set of specifications for the SMRT cell package while optimizing for product performance.
• Manage projects at back-end supplier team on joint development projects for new technology bring-up.
• Develop solutions and execute to a technical plan to achieve yield improvements and COGS targets for the integrated process flow.
• M.Sc, or equivalent experience in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics or related scientific and engineering disciplines.
• 5-7 years of industry experience preferably dealing with a mix of packaging facilities in both high volume and development.
• Experienced engineer with in-depth experience in one of the following areas, consumer electronic devices, CMOS imagers, MEMS products, Bio-Medical Devices, or Microfluidic systems. Experience in working with plastics and Bio-medical device is preferred.
• Experience in design, process development and integration in one or more packaging related technologies including Silicon interposer (SI), Chip-Package Interaction (CPI), Lead free bump, Cu Pillar, wire-bonding, low temperature bonding and adhesive selection, high pin-count flip chip, injection molding plastics, Through Silicon Vias (TSV), hermetic and wafer level packaging, bio-surface treatments, plastics, micro-fluidics etc.
• Familiarity with strategies and methods for package qualification, functional testing and failure analysis in low and high volume environments for consumer and medical applications.
• Experience in simulation tools like SolidWorks and AutoCAD,
• Ability to travel 15-20% of their time
• Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
Pacific Biosciences’ mission is to transform the way humankind acquires, processes and interprets data from living systems through the design, development and commercialization of innovative tools for biological research. The company has developed a novel approach to studying the synthesis and regulation of DNA, RNA and protein. Combining recent advances in nanofabrication, biochemistry, molecular biology, surface chemistry and optics, Pacific Biosciences has created a powerful technology platform called single molecule, real-time, or SMRT™, technology. SMRT technology enables real-time analysis of biomolecules with single molecule resolution, which has the potential to transform the understanding of biological systems by providing a window into these systems that has not previously been open for scientific study.