Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
BSSI offers a comprehensive package that includes Health Insurance coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision, prescription drugs). For those eligible to participate, there is Long Term Disability Insurance at no cost to the employee and optional Short term Disability Insurance. Other benefits include a 401(k) Retirement Plan, Vacation, Sick and Family Leave, 14 paid holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Assistance for eligible employees and a Wellness Program for those who wish to participate.
Job Objective: To provide analytical support in BSSI’s key service areas.
• Provide analytical support to pharmaceutical, biotechnology and biodefense industries in accordance with client needs and BSSI managerial requirements
• Identify, evaluate and recommend statistical methods for use in analysis as appropriate
• Apply statistical methodologies including, but not limited to, linear regression models, linear mixed models, generalized linear models, generalized linear mixed models, non-linear models, survival analysis, simulation studies (e.g. MCMC) and power/sample size estimation
• Serve in the Project Lead role (described in BSSI’s SOPs) as appropriate
• Communicate results and data-specific issues to BSSI Management or Project Leads, and clients as appropriate
• Perform SAS or R program development and validation
• Provide technical writing for analysis plans, protocols and regulatory documents as needed, and summarize results (i.e. tables, figures and listings) for inclusion in presentations or reports • Provide guidance to BSSI’s Statistical Analysts on topics such as statistical methodology and programming
• Conduct work in accordance with BSSI standard operating procedures (SOPs), BSSI QA/QC policies, client-specific requirements and applicable regulatory guidelines
• Participate in Working Groups (WGs) as deemed appropriate
• Collaborate with team members towards achieving company objectives
• Ph.D. in Statistics or Biostatistics
• Proficiency in SAS or R programming is required; Proficiency in both is preferred
• Training in the theory and application of statistics. Experience in application of statistics to biological systems or genetics is preferred
• Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the US
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
BioStat Solutions, Inc. (BSSI) is a statistical consulting corporation in service to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and biodefense industries. BSSI’s key service areas include the development and implementation of analytical strategies for biomarker studies, biodefense countermeasure development and medical device / (companion) diagnostic studies.