Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Job Summary and Essential Functions:
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis.
• Responsible for conducting evaluations of potential antibody targets for use in the development of drug candidates using Regeneron's VelocImmune monoclonal antibody technology.
• Working as a member of the Target Information Group and utilizing expertise in immunology and genetic/genomic analysis, conduct in-depth analysis of protein targets and/or target families such as assessing gene expression, protein structure/function, and biological/medical relevance.
• Investigations may include the analysis of large data sets from human and mouse genomic studies directed to understanding the molecular basis of human disease.
• The ideal candidate will be responsible for searching, assembling and translating the biology and genetics of target-disease associations and providing an assessment of the strengths and weakness of different analytical methods and individual studies. This will necessitate working closely with members of each of the Regeneron Therapeutic Focus Areas (TFA's) to identify specific target(s) and disease indications and to deliver in a timely fashion, a balanced analysis for each topic and which may require consultations with internal and external experts in multiple therapeutic areas.
• While the analysis may vary between TFA's, reports generated by the Target Information Group shall include; a detailed review of all relevant publications; genomic and gene expression analysis, identification of trends in research, preclinical, and clinical activities in academia/industry on the target/therapeutic areas; review of patent landscape around targets and the analysis of new therapeutic opportunities surrounding novel drug candidates or disease mechanisms.
• Importantly the information is to be translated directly to TFA groups, as well as to internal "knowledge base" resources for archiving and sharing across research and development groups.
• Reviews and evaluates targets, opportunities and potential strategies for early and late stage drug development across a wide range of therapeutic areas.
• Writes summary reports and presents reviews and recommendations to research teams and management.
• Contributes to the development and optimization of "knowledge base" intranet resources and facilitate archiving, sharing and leveraging of development program review information.
• Participates in complex biological evaluations, detailed genomic database and literature reviews and consultations with experts in multiple therapeutic areas.
• Analyzes development opportunities from the research perspective across a wide range of therapeutic areas.
Experience and Required Skills:
Must have demonstrated the ability to identify key information sources and analyze public literature, the ability to mine gene/protein, patent and proprietary databases and to prepare concise summaries on a range of topics. Must remain flexible in taking on new tasks and establish credibility and rapport as well as communicate effectively with research colleagues and senior management. Experience working with cross-functional teams or in a matrix environment is highly desired.
Preference given to candidates with experience in the following areas:
• Immunology and/or Infectious Disease
• Bioinformatics/System Biology and/or Database Mining
• Antibody/Recombinant Protein Therapeutics
Education and Experience:
• Ph.D., Pharm.D or M.D. Minimum of three (3) years postdoctoral experience in a matrix environment in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry, or in academic or governmental cross-disciplinary teams. Extensive experience in basic or translational research related to target identification, validation, drug discovery and drug development required.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.