Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
generous 401k match, 3 weeks vacation, medical/dental/vision/life, wellness reimbursal
Position provides direct technical support to the Instrument Manufacturing operation. Duties include
design improvement efforts to improve manufacturing yields, instrument reliability and cost reductions.
Manufacturing process improvement projects to drive efficiencies in the Operation. Oversight of
manufacturing processes to ensure compliant manufacturing in cGMP environment inclusive of ensuring
and managing product configuration management, change introduction, detailed manufacturing
instructions and identification and procurement of necessary tooling and fixturing needed on the
manufacturing line. Additionally, will deal directly with suppliers to identify process improvements and
material problem resolution. Duties also include project management and team leadership. Will perform
design V&V activities. Knowledgeable in diverse manufacturing processes and fabrication techniques.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Key Responsibilities of the Job:
• Provide sustaining engineering support to on-market products using provided design tools.
Includes obsolescence management. Reliability improvements and cost reduction projects
• Provide direct support electro-mechanical manufacturing process. Including configuration
management. Change control review and approval. Design and implementation of manufacturing
fixturing and development of assembly and testing processes and techniques
• Provide support to Corrective and Preventative action investigations and associated product and
• Design and complete process and equipment validations
• Support new product Design Transfer activities
• Cross functional team leadership
• Project management skills
• Design experience
• Organizational Agility—knows how to go through the proper channels to get things done
• Peer Relationship—cooperative, team player, trusted and supported by peers
• Planning—sets specific goals and objectives, ability to plan for the length and difficulty of
assignments, ability to break down projects into specific tasks/steps
• Priority Setting—focuses on what is most important
• Written Communications—effectively communicates in writing
• Minimum BSME or BSEE or equivalent; or more than 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Certifications/License/Special Skills:
• Extensive background in GD&T
• Extensive knowledge with Solid Works and other CADsystems
• Strong background with LabView.
• Knowledge of cGMP regulations
• Highly organized with proven time management and prioritization skills
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Product Design
• Strong problem solving skills
Required Work Experience:
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in a Manufacturing support role. Emphasis on electro-mechanical
assembly, product support and process design
• Experience in a GMP regulated environment
• Experience working independently in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
• Certified Six Sigma or equivalent process improvement experience
Interested applicants please copy/paste link into your browser and follow instructions: https://hire.jobvite.com/j?cj=ovo7YfwI&s=GenomeWeb
Luminex® Corporation (NASDAQ: LMNX) develops, manufactures and sells proprietary biological testing technologies, with applications throughout the life-science and diagnostics industry. These industries depend on a broad range of tests, known as "bioassays," to perform diagnostic tests and conduct life science research. The in-house experts at Luminex have developed an innovative approach to bioassays, known as xMAP® technology. This groundbreaking technology enables companies and laboratories to perform bioassays more quickly and cost-effectively than with other systems, without sacrificing accuracy.
Luminex has been marketing the current generation of xMAP technology (formerly known as LabMAP®) worldwide since 1999. Thanks to its open-architecture platform, xMAP technology can be applied across a wide range of markets. In fact, xMAP technology-based systems are already in use by leading research laboratories as well as major pharmaceutical, diagnostic and biotechnology companies.
Escalating research and development spending, along with the evolution of pharmacogenomics, are fueling the growth of the drug discovery, clinical diagnostics and biomedical research markets - including both genomics and proteomics research. With this expansion of market opportunities, Luminex is strategically positioned for sustained growth and success.