The Senior Director, IMED, will provide global vision for and leadership of one or more major programs within the IMED portfolio, which reaches from discovery, external collaboration, and in-licensing, to Phase 3 registrational trials. This individual will provide a sufficient degree of organizational experience and scientific expertise to be, and be seen by the most senior levels of management, as the leader
of the product programs or areas to which responsibility has been assigned.Working through a matrix of functional leaders within the Discovery, Business Development, Clinical, Commercial, and other lines, the Senior Director will form and lead a team which has the responsibility for the definition of the program scope and plan. The Senior Director will be responsible for representing the programs to senior governance committees and for eliciting governance support for resources necessary for the implementation of the recommended plan.
As leader of a cross-functional team, the Senior Director will be accountable for efficient program progression, inclusion and management of functional stakeholders, internal and external program communication, maintenance of budget and deliverable commitments, and alignment of program plans with overall corporate objectives.
The Senior Director will be expected to be able to make clear and well-supported decisions for program issues, effectively deal with and manage conflict, coach and mentor when appropriate, and contribute to the overall improvement of our organizational capabilities.
The Senior Director will be capable of identifying personnel needs, internal and external; effectively recruiting and hiring, supervising, or effectively utilizing matrixed internal and external human resources.
The Senior Director will identify, initiate, facilitate, implement, and lead program or product acquisitions or trans-institutional collaborations ( academic or pharmaceutical).
* 8-10 years of oncology pharma experience in drug development, including early phase progression from discovery thru mid-stage development.
* Oncology-focused, immunology-based career focus. Expertise in translational sciences, at the MD or PhD level, is desirable.
* Extensive academic and pharma collaborative network. History of personal interaction with thought leaders in area of biologic and immune therapy of cancer
* Track record of program leadership and achievement of goals and deliverables.
* Program leadership in drug development in oncology in a pharma/biotech setting is required
* Biologics experience is highly desirable.
* Strong organizational and management skills
* Strong communication skills
* Ability and demonstrated record of decision making, influencing, leadership, and effecting change.
* High personal and scientific integrity
* Track record of effective collaboration, effectiveness in team settings, and team leadership
* PhD in immunology, oncology-focuses area; appropriate peer-reviewed publications, recognition by thought leaders in area of immunology and oncology.
* Expertise in translational medicine, via a PhD or MD level training, is highly desirable