Covance is hiring Data Coordinators for our Indianapolis, IN location.
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION
The Data Coordinator provides administrative and technical support to internal Covance departments, demonstrates extensive knowledge of Covance database(s) and serves as a resource in problem solving issues related to revisions as requested by clients. The Data Coordinator guarantees timely completion of revisions.
- Provide administrative and technical support to CCLS and consult with other Covance departments as needed.
1. Review revision requests to ensure accurate information has been provided.
2. Complete data revision requests and follow up with requestor as needed.
3. Perform quality checks on data revisions.
4. Generate and review Covance database reports and resolve issues as needed.
5. Work in collaboration with GDRC personnel to assist in the day-to-day activities as assigned.
- Attend required training to maintain Data Coordinator capabilities and for continuous development.
1. Participate in Covance Corporate training.
2. Complete mandatory Quality Assurance training sessions.
3. Attend mandatory GDRC meetings.
4. Participate in job shadowing or interdepartmental developmental opportunities.
5. Complete new hire on-boarding training.
6. Participate in ongoing training initiatives regarding process and systems changes or updates.
7. Complete advanced training for continuing development.
- Coach and mentor others as needed.
- Resolve database and project issues, contacting other Covance departments as needed.
1. Document all service failures and investigate as needed.
2. Escalate to management whenever appropriate resolution is incomplete.
3. Upon notification, complete revisions to resolve issues if applicable.
- Ensure compliance with departmental guidelines and company standards.
1. Adhere to management communications, meetings, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and other documents effectively and in a timely manner.
2. Track and report metrics as determined by management in the agreed timelines.
3. Assist and support management in the implementation of global processes and procedures.
Covance is one of the world's largest and most comprehensive drug development services companies with more than 10,000 employees in 60 countries. Through its nonclinical, clinical and commercialization services, Covance has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop one-third of all prescription medicines in the market today.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team!
- High school diploma
- Microsoft Office proficient (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Minimum of 1 year related experience or
- Covance experience or scientific background or
- Previous healthcare, medical or laboratory experience or
- Two year degree and/or Medical Assistant experience
Experience - Knowledge of medical terminology
- Self-motivated (work independently and proactively)
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Attention to detail and good organization skills
- Team player
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely and professional manner under demanding conditions.
- Adequate English knowledge level for both written and oral tasks
- Good communication skills
EEO Employer Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer