Bayer Business and Technology Services (BBTS) provides business-critical services to Bayer's North American Subgroups: Bayer CropScience, Bayer HealthCare and Bayer
MaterialScience. BBTS is a combination of Bayer Business Services, Bayer Technology Services and other service activities for Bayer in North America. BBTS has a singular vision: to Foster the Success of the Bayer Group. BBTS employees accomplish this by using their experience and expertise to tailor solutions and services to the needs and requirements of their customers in the following areas: Business Planning and Administration, Bayer Technology Services (Engineering Services and Site Services), Business Consulting, Finance and Accounting Services, Human Resources Services and Support, Information Technology Services, Integrated Employee Services, and Procurement Services. Bayer’s corporate culture is an important factor in the company’s success. Central to this culture are our values: Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility and Efficiency, summarized by the term LIFE. They provide us with guidance for our daily work as we seek solutions to the major challenges of our time, in line with our mission statement “Bayer: Science For A Better Life".
The primary responsibility of the Process Analytical Technology Engineer is to use quantitative analysis in conjunction with scientific and engineering knowledge in order to support PAT group with monitoring and understanding of the manufacturing bioprocesses. Bayer recognizes that science plays an integral part in everyday life and encourages all employees to make a difference through daily contributions to our organization’s mission.
Careers with Bayer allow for the experience of working in a global environment with an on-going focused effort and sustainable approach to improving lives of humans and animals.
Related to this position, Bayer offers the opportunity to:
• Work within PAT team, Operations and Manufacturing Sciences to support activities and projects in the areas of: (a) bioprocess monitoring, (b) root cause analysis, (c) process understanding and (d) process improvement;
- Data collection and organization
- Development of tools/applications for process monitoring
- Statistical analyses (inferential, descriptive, experimental design and multivariate data
- Numerical computations
• Develop mathematical models for bioprocesses;
• Develop, propose and implement technical solutions in the aforementioned areas;
• Provide technical assessments based on data analysis and process knowledge;
• Write technical reports.
Your qualifications Bayer’s corporate culture is an important factor in the company’s success. Central to this culture are our values: Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility and Efficiency, summarized by the term LIFE. They provide us with guidance for our daily work as we seek solutions to the major challenges of our time, in line with our mission statement “Bayer: Science For A Better Life.”
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer Business and Technology Services (BBTS) seeks an incumbent who possesses:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science with four or more (4+ years) of relevant
• Master’s degree in Engineering or Science with up to two or more (0-2+) years of relevant
• Ph.D. in Engineering or Science;
• Strong background in descriptive and inferential statistics;
• Working knowledge of programming in MATLAB;
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint;
• Strong interpersonal skills are essential along with ability to work effectively in a team;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to clearly and effectively communicate complex concepts and summarize the findings of technical work;
• Demonstrated ability to think creatively and taking initiative;
• Ability to learn new technical topics and develop new technical skills fast;
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Experience using quantitative analysis (for example mathematical modeling, statistics
and/or numerical analysis);
• Knowledge of Microsoft Access and Microsoft Visual Basic.
Your application We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences. We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.