Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, the Center's five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science.
The Hutchinson Center, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Seattle Children's, is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest. Join us and make a difference!
The Long Term Follow-up Research program is devoted to collecting data on survivors of blood and marrow stem cell transplant. The data collected by this department is used by investigators throughout the Clinical Research Division and in government-mandated reporting of transplant outcomes to the CIBMTR.
The Data Control Technician I supports The Long Term Follow-up Research program through the initial organization and routing of documents, entry and maintenance of MD and patient demographic databases, production of patient health questionnaires, coordination of monthly mailings, and entry and maintenance of questionnaire database.
- Process data collection materials and forms following established guidelines.
- Maintain computerized and manual file systems.
- Retrieve data and forms from computerized and manual files.
- Code data collection materials following established guidelines. Identify problems, ambiguities, or inconsistencies and direct them to the Supervisor.
- Key enter and verify completed material.
- Perform routine data control procedures including the backing-up of data files and documentation.
- Maintain data confidentiality requirements.
- Perform general clerical duties.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school graduation or GED.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in data entry.
- Minimum keyboard speed of 35 WPM.
- Experience in a job requiring attention to detail and accuracy.
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE