The Laboratory Assistant I is a non-licensed position, able to perform various basic laboratory procedures using laboratory equipment
- Read and understand all DOPs related to discipline and adhere to all department rules and protocols.
- Assist in preparing specimens for testing.
- Perform clerical duties associated with specimen preparation and work flow tracking.
- Cleaning and maintenance of the lab equipment and housekeeping.
- Fill out daily temp records, and keep track of lab supplies.
- Follow all PPE requirements and all safety regulations.
- Unpack and log the dates of all laboratory supplies upon receipt and properly keep track of the stock for use.
- Any other duties as assigned.
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Qualifications/Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
2. High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
3. Ability to communicate effectively and follow written and verbal instructions.
4. High School Diploma or equivalent.
5. Minimum of 1 year lab experience.
6. General office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
7. Maintains a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
8. Adheres to Department Specific Safety Guidelines.
9. Standing, sitting, walking, bending, reaching, manual manipulation, and lifting up to 15 pounds.
10. All candidates must pass a color vision test
11. Adhere to department rules and protocols as well as company regulations stated in the Employee handbook.
12. Other duties as assigned by Medical Laboratory Director or VP of Operations.
13. Maintain a pleasant and cooperative relationship with co-workers and other departments
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Masters in Science degree in a biological science
- Local candidate preferred
- 3+ years molecular biology laboratory experience
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, balanced assertiveness and team orientation.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Knowledge of Sequencher, Mutation Surveyor, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook and Access
- Able to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Organized and able to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communicationl skills
- Accepting constructive criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situations. This includes continuing to persevere and remaining calm in challenging or frustrating circumstances
- External Focus: Understanding customer needs, marketplace dynamics, industry trends, and the competitive landscape in the industry/function and considering the external impact of business activities and decisions on the external environment
- Inclusiveness: Energizing others by building a connection with the team through personal involvement and trust and providing feedback and coaching to help develop others
- Clear thinker: Simplifying strategy into specific actions with clear accountability, making decisions with speed and accuracy based on best available information, and communicating priorities clearly and concisely