Covance is currently seeking a Sample Coordinator IV for the Biotechnology Administration department at the Greenfield, IN site.
As a Sample Coordinator IV you will:
- Oversee sample management area on a daily basis.
- Receipt of samples from Covance logistics.
- Review shipping inventory documents against samples/test article received to ensure accuracy and communicate discrepancies to appropriate personnel.
- Accept samples in Biotechnology sample receipt systems.
- Communicate confirmation of sample receipt to clients, if requested.
- Handle internal customer inquiries and requests relating to sample management.
- Aliquot and sub-divide samples in preparation for testing, according to study requirements.
- Solve problems independently, contacting internal or external clients for clarification as needed.
- Distribute sample information and paperwork to appropriate end users.
- Collation and delivery of samples for analysis within agreed timelines.
- Disposal or return of samples to clients following study completion.
- Lead improvement ideas for the group, with senior personnel or management.
- Train new employees, working with and directing less experienced staff, and prioritizing workloads and/or special projects on a daily basis. Oversees and reviews work of peers as appropriate.
- Take action for the department when additional responsibilities and opportunities are presented.
- Ensure that their individual training records are up to date and accurately reflect their capabilities.
- Maintain files of all relevant documentation for inspection by QA and other regulatory agencies.
- Support the issue of SOP's detailing specific procedures relevant to Biotechnology.
- Knowledge and practice, including personal protective equipment, COSHH ratings, GMO assessments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Prefer Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or Biology
- 3 or more years applicable experience. Additional experience may be substituted for degree.
- Excellent customer service skills including attention to detail, accuracy, confidentiality, and effective communication skills.
- Ability to identify and communicate customer service needs.
- Effective conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to use a variety of computer applications and proficient at the department specific software used (including MS Office, and specifically Excel).
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Working knowledge of sample receipt, transfer and shipping.
- Prefer knowledge of aseptic technique
- Prefer GLP or GMP experience
EEO Employer Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.