Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, the Center's five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science. The Hutchinson Center, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Seattle Children's, is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest. Join us and make a difference!
The main focus of research conducted in this laboratory in the Clinical Research Division is advancing new therapies for pediatric cancers, using advanced murine models and state of the art resources.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collect and analyze data and maintain experimental records
- Preparing items for autoclaving
- Maintain a clean and orderly laboratory area
- Check inventory and replenish supplies
- Putting away glassware and pipette tips
- Maintaining water baths, freezers and other lab equipment
- Cleaning and organizing sink and reagent areas
- Organizing histological slides, blocks and cards
- Other duties as assigned
A high school diploma or GED is required and completion of the introductory biology series at the college-level is preferred. Experience in a laboratory is preferred but not necessary. Good organizational skills and the ability to work independently are required.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE