Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases.
Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, the Center's five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science. The Hutchinson Center, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Seattle Children's, is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest. Join us and make a difference!
A Research Technician position is available in a Basic Sciences Division lab that performs cell and biochemical studies on cell differentiation and germ cell development using the model system C. elegans. The applicant must have proven laboratory expertise in standard DNA and protein biochemical techniques such as plasmid construction, PCR, Western analysis, and immunoprecipitation.
Candidate will be required to:
- Perform experiments at the bench level to support investigative work.
- Prepare and maintain laboratory reagents, stocks, cultures or cell lines.
- Perform and modify documented protocols and assays.
- Maintain laboratory records and compile data on experiments and assays.
- Interpret and report on experimental results.
- Perform statistical analysis of test results and prepare written reports on work performed.
- Operate and carry out basic maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Order and maintain appropriate levels of supplies.
- May supervise work-study students.
- Perform other duties as required
A Bachelor's degree in biochemistry or biology with a strong emphasis on molecular biology. The applicant should have demonstrated experience with standard DNA and protein biochemical techniques beyond classroom laboratory coursework.
Experience with C. elegans genetics.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE