Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, the Center's five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science. The Hutchinson Center, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Seattle Children's, is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest. Join us and make a difference!
The Kiem Lab conducts research projects using various model agents, as well as clinical trials requiring GMP, FDA and IND compliance. The successful candidate will be an individual with experience in managing the administrative & financial responsibilities necessary to support a large laboratory with many different sources of sponsored research support. In addition to oversight in the areas of finance and administration, strong experience in managing NIH funded grants and contracts and detailed knowledge of issues associated with regulatory compliance (e.g., IRO, IACUC) are required.
For further information visit: https://labs.fhcrc.org/kiem/index.html
- Manages preparation of competitive and non-competitive proposals coordinating process, writing portions of grants/contracts as required.
- Develop and monitor multiple project budgets, ensuring that all financial allocations and expenditures are in accordance with grant/contract guidelines and requirements.
- Prepare monthly reports at the request of the Program Director in support of (both sponsored and non-sponsored) and be able to manage data retrieval and analysis of funding level in relation to budgets, etc.
- Works with center Investigators and their staff to ensure proper use, recording, expensing and reporting of grant funds as well as identifying and maintaining clear and responsive roles and procedures with investigators and their programs.
- Be systems savvy in using Hyperion and other related financial tools, software and programs including access and business intelligent tools (i.e. Crystal replacement)
- Performs other duties as directed/required.
- BA/BS degree in accounting, business or related field.
- 5+ years in management of NIH grants is required.
- Recent experience in research administration (grants, proposals, NIH, etc.) required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Master's degree in a related field is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of excel, intermediate knowledge of word, Outlook and other Microsoft Office products is preferred.
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE