Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The Regeneron Genetics Center is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company organized to collaborate with health systems and research groups to elucidate, on a large scale, genetic factors that cause or influence a range of human diseases. Building upon Regeneron's strengths in mouse genetics and genetics-driven drug discovery and development, the Center will specialize in ultra-high-throughput exome sequencing and computational biology; discovery of genotype-phenotype associations through linkage to well-annotated de-identified patient electronic medical records; and validation of discoveries using Regeneron’s VelociGene® technology. Our interests encompass a breadth of different areas such as Mendelian and family frameworks, large-scale population genetics (both common and rare variants), and gene-gene interactions. Program goals include target discovery, indication discovery, and patient-disease stratification. Objectives include advancing basic science around the world through public sharing of discoveries, providing clinically-valuable insights to physicians and patients of collaborating health-care systems, and identifying novel targets for drug development.
We are looking for a dynamic Linux System Engineer to join the Regeneron Genetics Center team and help invent the future of medicine and drug development. The Linux System Engineer is responsible for day-to-day processing operations for genomic & other research data both locally and on the AWS cloud. This position will assist in the planning and build-out of new instances, storage and data archiving, and supporting local hardware and software to track sample metadata (LIMS). Responsibilities include the maintenance and configuration of servers, networks and other data center equipment, as well as providing insight and advice on local and cloud design decisions. This position will aid in implementing redundancy, disaster recovery and system failovers, monitor and respond to system alerts and outages on a 24x7 basis, and help troubleshoot data center issues. This position will work closely with the overall IT department to plan and execute projects, and requires a team-oriented attitude.
- Collection and analysis of requirements needed for new systems deployment.
- Perform continuous analysis of Linux systems and make recommendations to improve security, scalability, performance and availability.
- Manage process for hardware and software upgrades.
- Generate documentation for Linux systems including SOPs, logical network diagrams, and component inventories.
- 5-7+ years of experience as a systems administrator with a B.S. or M.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics or demonstrated equivalent skills and experience. [for Sr. Position]
- 2-5 years of experience as a systems administrator with a B.S. or M.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics or demonstrated equivalent skills and experience. [for Jr. Position]
- Must be able to support a large Linux server environment using standard tools and techniques.
- Oversee the installation of system software, patch levels, third-party products, shareware, etc.
- Proven knowledge of security protocols; experience configuring systems in a secure manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively, and create and maintain system documentation.
- Knowledge of and experience with virtualization technologies.
- Strong technical competency with LAMP systems (preferable RHEL 5/6, CentOS, Scientific Linux).
- Experience with system management activities in AWS and StarCluster toolkit for EC2 preferred.
- Proficient with Shell Scripting; Python, Ruby, and/or Perl scripting a plus.
- Strong technical competency with server hardware and configurations.
- Experience with Internet technologies (IP, DNS, SSL, LDAP).
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron Genetics Center’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron or the Regeneron Genetics Center about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron or the Regeneron Genetics Center via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of the Regeneron Genetics Center, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron or the Regeneron Genetics Center for this position and a valid agreement with either Regeneron or the Regeneron Genetics Center is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron or Regeneron Genetics Center agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
RGC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.