Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The Regeneron Genetics Center is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company organized to collaborate with health systems and research groups to elucidate, on a large scale, genetic factors that cause or influence a range of human diseases. Building upon Regeneron's strengths in mouse genetics and genetics-driven drug discovery and development, the Center will specialize in ultra-high-throughput exome sequencing and computational biology; discovery of genotype-phenotype associations through linkage to well-annotated de-identified patient electronic medical records; and validation of discoveries using Regeneron’s VelociGene® technology. Our interests encompass a breadth of different areas such as Mendelian and family frameworks, large-scale population genetics (both common and rare variants), and gene-gene interactions. Program goals include target discovery, indication discovery, and patient-disease stratification. Objectives include advancing basic science around the world through public sharing of discoveries, providing clinically-valuable insights to physicians and patients of collaborating health-care systems, and identifying novel targets for drug development.
We are looking for a Research Associate for our Sequencing and Lab Operations group who will report to the Manager of the Sequencing lab and be responsible for sample preparation and sequencing on the Pacific Biosciences (PacBio RS) sequencer. The Research Associate will:
- Collaborate with our protocol development and automation specialists to create cost efficient, high-throughput approaches for preparing samples for PacBio long-read sequencing.
- Prepare and sequence PacBio SMRT cells in a high sample flow environment.
- Perform routine sequencer maintenance.
- Work with the sequencing vendor and the Sequencing Lab Manager to quickly resolve instrument failures.
- Maintain accurate sample and sequencing records in our LlMS.
- Implement standard operating procedures to maintain stringent performance
requirements, including throughput and quality metrics.
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and at least 2 years of experience working in a Next-Generation Sequencing lab. The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience preparing samples for PacBio sequencing
- Experience operating a PacBio sequencer
- Familiarity with standard molecular biology techniques such as PCR, gel electrophoresis, and quantitative PCR
- Experience using LlMS
- Previous exposure to lab automation and liquid handling robots
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron Genetics Center’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron or the Regeneron Genetics Center about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron or the Regeneron Genetics Center via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of the Regeneron Genetics Center, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron or the Regeneron Genetics Center for this position and a valid agreement with either Regeneron or the Regeneron Genetics Center is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron or Regeneron Genetics Center agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
RGC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.