The Regeneron Genetics Center is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company organized to collaborate with health systems and research groups to elucidate, on a large scale, genetic factors that cause or influence a range of human diseases. Building upon Regeneron's strengths in mouse genetics and genetics-driven drug discovery and development, the Center will specialize in ultra-high-throughput exome sequencing and computational biology; discovery of genotype-phenotype associations through linkage to well-annotated de-identified patient electronic medical records; and validation of discoveries using Regeneron’s VelociGene® technology. Our interests encompass a breadth of different areas such as Mendelian and family frameworks, large-scale population genetics (both common and rare variants), and gene-gene interactions. Program goals include target discovery, indication discovery, and patient-disease stratification. Objectives include advancing basic science around the world through public sharing of discoveries, providing clinically-valuable insights to physicians and patients of collaborating health-care systems, and identifying novel targets for drug development.
High-throughput genome sequencing technologies have changed the face of genomic science, and as the scale of genomic data sets grow exponentially, cloud computing solutions are becoming essential. So, we are looking for a Cloud Developer with a passion for bioinformatics and a desire to contribute to the genomic medicine revolution. In this role, the cloud developer will partner with technical teams and senior architects to analyze technical and non-technical requirements to build cloud-based solutions for processing of genomic and health record data in DNAnexus and the Amazon cloud. Regular activities will include the use of scripting technologies, along with AWS API calls, DNAnexus platform work, and third-party products.
The developer will assess the trade-offs between different solutions as it relates to the integration between external and internal systems using impact analysis. The developer should also be proficient in developing systems using different technologies, and will need to communicate the results back to the technical teams and senior architects. Cloud developers will also work with end-users to optimize integration and user-experience.
- Defines the system landscape, identify gaps between the current and desired end-states, and delivers cloud-based solutions
- Recommends alternate choices, trade-offs, and impact analysis
- Works with technical teams, vendor partners, and senior architects to finalize specifications related to integration between numerous systems
- Understands security and identifies encryption and controls needed to protect information
- Collaborates with enterprise architects and information architects to ensure cloud services align to roadmaps and understand the effect on the organization’s information architecture
- Liaises with external providers to resolve any issues in the functionality and interoperability of new cloud applications, cloud-based infrastructure, and other cloud services with existing IT systems
- Coordinates testing efforts to identify and resolve system integration issues