Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The Regeneron Genetics Center is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company organized to collaborate with health systems and research groups to elucidate, on a large scale, genetic factors that cause or influence a range of human diseases. Building upon Regeneron's strengths in mouse genetics and genetics-driven drug discovery and development, the Center will specialize in ultra-high-throughput exome sequencing and computational biology; discovery of genotype-phenotype associations through linkage to well-annotated de-identified patient electronic medical records; and validation of discoveries using Regeneron’s VelociGene® technology. Our interests encompass a breadth of different areas such as Mendelian and family frameworks, large-scale population genetics (both common and rare variants), and gene-gene interactions. Program goals include target discovery, indication discovery, and patient-disease stratification. Objectives include advancing basic science around the world through public sharing of discoveries, providing clinically-valuable insights to physicians and patients of collaborating health-care systems, and identifying novel targets for drug development.
We are looking for a LIMS Analyst in our Human Genomics group. The LIMS Analyst configures the Next Generation Sequencing and Biobanking LIMS to meet end-user needs. He/she also processes system change control, documents configuration, writes test plans and is responsible for user training & support. In addition, this person:
- Is responsible for LIMS documentation, including converting User Requirement Specifications to Detail Design Specification, writing Configuration Test Plans and summary reports, and configures reports as required.
- Configures complex reports (tabular, trend and labels).
- Configures instrument/system integration.
- Processes LIMS change requests.
- Coordinates with LIMS team members to implement the system & change requests in an efficient manner.
- Works with the IT team to ensure that LIMS is integrated with other systems as needed
- Works independently with minimal application specific training required
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s or graduate degree in computer science, information technology, or a life science and 2-5+ Years Experience;
- 5 years of LIMS Analyst experience
- 2 years of LIMS configuration experience
- LIMS software development experience a plus
Additional skills include:
- Experience with Commercial LIMS Application administration and configuration, software development lifecycle methods, Zebra printer support, SQL, reporting applications (Crystal Reports, Sybase Infomaker, SpotFire) is required
- Sapio LIMS experience in a pharmaceutical research or biotechnology environment strongly preferred
- LIMS Software development in support of a research environment a big plus
- Experience with Java or JRuby a big plus
- Familiarity with biological laboratory techniques, next generation sequencing, a big plus
- Understanding of an Agile development methodology
- Strong interest in contributing to biological research
- Experience in fast changing Research focused environments
- Experience in a Big Data environment >500Tb
- Working in a heterogeneous database environments
- HTML5 / CSS3 Experience
- Ability to understand end-user needs and user experience
- Is an independent worker and proactively seeks to innovate
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Willingness to work in and adapt to a fast paced, ever changing research environment
- Attention to detail and a passion for solving complex and interesting problems
- Analytical with the desire to measure the effectiveness of new features
- Welcome and respect ideas from partners, business stakeholder and technical experts
- Demonstrated ability to perform business analysis and identify valid improvement opportunities
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron Genetics Center’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron or the Regeneron Genetics Center about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron or the Regeneron Genetics Center via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of the Regeneron Genetics Center, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron or the Regeneron Genetics Center for this position and a valid agreement with either Regeneron or the Regeneron Genetics Center is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron or Regeneron Genetics Center agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
RGC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.